Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: How about buttons? (Read 23545 times) previous topic - next topic

How about buttons?

Reply #75
But what if you wanted to put something in that top-left pixel though?
That's where the extra row seems more logical to me, but hey, I know nothing about the subject, so I'm backing out now!

fb2k rocks!

How about buttons?

Reply #76
musicmusic: can't reproduce (win2k here)

it only happens when I add my entire 7gb/1300 files via the command line in one go running the commandline i wrote before...

Soryy to keep bugging you, but I've found the exact cause of my problem, and why no-one else has experienced it.

It has nothing to do with the adding of the files via the command line, my shortcut to foobar also runs foobar minimised.

And when I run the shortcut, sometimes foobar is correctly minimised to tray. In this case the statusbar does not overlap, and the listbox is resized or whatever.

However, sometimes when I run the shortcut, foobar is minimised, but appears in both the tray and taskbar. This is more frequent, appears to happen everytime after foobars first run for a while or maybe a restart. And this is when the statusbar overlaps.

Maybe this minimising thing is a bug in XP, or a bug in foobar, but maybe now you can reproduce it?

More info:
Running Shell ("C:\Downloads\foobar2000\foobar2000.exe c:\music\mp3"), vbMinimizedNoFocus

in visual basic produces the ghost window in the taskbar (if you right click it it disappears) and the overlapping statusbar.

But Shell ("C:\Downloads\foobar2000\foobar2000.exe c:\music\mp3"), vbMinimizedFocus

Minimises it correctly. Peter, maybe you could look into this?
(BTW, I have the option minimised to tray turned on in foobar).

At least I have a work around now, I just compiled my self an exe to replace the shortcut..

More Info 2: Nope, vbMinimisedFocus doesn't fix the statusbar overlapping, I was wrong..

How about buttons?

Reply #77
musicmusic: I do not see an easy way to fix this, but why do you force it to start minimized anyway? if you have 'remember window position' on and close foobar when it's minimized - it will start minimized.

although, adding a 'start minimized' option could be a good feature request (especially since we have 'autoplay' feature now).

------------------

ok, I've implemented transparent color the way I've described above. also for musicmusic's problem: if it still does not work now - try resizing foobar window.

How about buttons?

Reply #78
thanks for the transparency, but now the toolbar really shows only 16 colours (win95b, fb2k 0.35a, 24 bit foo_butt.bmp)
also reproduced by Case on winxp

How about buttons?

Reply #79
Ok thanks x-fixer, works perfectly now! 

How about buttons?

Reply #80
thanks for the transparency, but now the toolbar really shows only 16 colours (win95b, fb2k 0.35a, 24 bit foo_butt.bmp)
also reproduced by Case on winxp

Have the same here

How about buttons?

Reply #81
Never mind, misread your post.

How about buttons?

Reply #82
from foobar changelog:

0.36:
- contextmenu services. finally. phew.
- "legal" interfaces for controlling playback and stuff

i dont see something like this....
where can i switch it on ?

myos:winXP

How about buttons?

Reply #83
L.King: fixed (blah!), but be carefull with transparent color

kraphen: I guess (too lazy to download), that these are "services" - not something available to end-user, but something for components developers (like me  ). currently (in 0.35) there's no easy way to add something to right-click menu and my toolbar uses winamp2-style hacks to control playback (e.g. for rew/ff/volume it relies on standard shortcuts).

How about buttons?

Reply #84
kinda fixed

if foo_butt.bmp is 24bit i get 24 bit colours now but some parts of the buttons are also transparent (the buttons are not in top left pixel nor the same colour as the top left pixel), tested with white and pink as the transparent colour

if i use a 256 colour bitmap with pink as the transparent colour the buttons are pink tinted
if i use a 256 colour bitmap with white as the transparent colour the toolbar appears as expected

How about buttons?

Reply #85
give me some examples of not-working bitmaps.

How about buttons?

Reply #86
email sent, btw. your foo_butt.dll crashes fb2k 0.36

How about buttons?

Reply #87
so, it works with 24bit bitmaps? if so, I won't mess with 256-colors. (this looks like a bug in common controls)

your foo_butt.dll crashes fb2k 0.36

peter's thing.

How about buttons?

Reply #88
x-fixer: i am giving you a warning, if you don't stop trolling, you WILL be banned from this forum.
component specs got changed mostly to satisfy YOUR requests you kept mailbombing me about, and the crash is caused by YOUR dll being unable to peacefully unload itself when api version number is wrong.
Microsoft Windows: We can't script here, this is bat country.

How about buttons?

Reply #89
so, it works with 24bit bitmaps? if so, I won't mess with 256-colors. (this looks like a bug in common controls)

if foo_butt.bmp is 24bit i get 24 bit colours now but some parts of the buttons are also transparent (the buttons are not in top left pixel nor the same colour as the top left pixel), tested with white and pink as the transparent colour

if i use a 256 colour bitmap with pink as the transparent colour the buttons are pink tinted
if i use a 256 colour bitmap with white as the transparent colour the toolbar appears as expected

where did you read that? only 256 colours with white backround is displayed correctly

How about buttons?

Reply #90
peter: no trolling is supposed. and I haven't looked into SDK at the time of that post, sorry. thank you for global callbacks, new versions of foo_butt won't crash on unloading.

L.King: may be I'm missing something, but 24bit bmps you've sent seem to work fine for me.

How about buttons?

Reply #91
peter: no trolling is supposed. and I haven't looked into SDK at the time of that post, sorry. thank you for global callbacks, new versions of foo_butt won't crash on unloading.

and will crash next time i change api version number ? no, thank you.
i've just added support for banning components (by filename), this should keep your dlls under control.
to prevent your code from breaking fb2k, i'll most likely write "classic UI" component myself when i have time.

How about buttons?

Reply #92
and will crash next time i change api version number ? no, thank you.

no, if you won't add bugs to component version control system. the "problem" was in using timer, that's not needed now.

i've just added support for banning components (by filename), this should keep your dlls under control.

very funny.

to prevent your code from breaking fb2k, i'll most likely write "classic UI" component myself when i have time.

nothing actually breaks your code now. thanks for play_control and global callbacks once again.

How about buttons?

Reply #93
oh my god, i've just downloaded and tried this junk.... you are still humping my windowproc, bad boy...
since this thing is still one huge hack, random cross-version problems will keep happening.
topic closed, all links to "buttons" component are being removed from the forum, thanks for your attention, have a nice day.