Skip to main content
Topic: How to force winamp to use cpu 0 everytime (Read 2210 times) previous topic - next topic

How to force winamp to use cpu 0 everytime

does anybody know how to make winamp ALWAYS starte with affinity to only cpu 0 ?

it seem like that in_mp4 crashes on my dual machin unless i force winamp to only use cpu 0 (or 1)
however is annoying to alwasi have to press ctrl+alt+del and adjust cpu affinity
Sven Bent - Denmark

Reply #2
THan for the help but this does not help my 100%
percent as i stil lneed to run this prgorams to set the affirnity.
it should be permanent så evyrtime i hit p"playwith winamp" in the contedx menu it should run with affinity to cpu 0
Sven Bent - Denmark

Reply #3
I have a Pentium III 500 Mhz, 256 Mb RAM memory, and sometines Wimap crashes when I try to listen mp4 files, often when I enqueue a lot of files or an complete album, someone knows why happen this, I' want some help, thanks
MPC: --quality 10 --xlevel (v. 1.15s) (archive/transcoding)
MP3:  LAME 3.96.1 --preset standard (daily listening/portable)

Reply #4
you are not the only one with that problem
but menno says that he wil soon look at the in_mp4 and se if he can find som bugs.

this does also happesn to me when i have set affinity
without settign affinity it crashes in 5-7 secs
Sven Bent - Denmark

Reply #5
THan for the help but this does not help my 100%
percent as i stil lneed to run this prgorams to set the affirnity.
it should be permanent så evyrtime i hit p"playwith winamp" in the contedx menu it should run with affinity to cpu 0

sure it does. you just change the command line of the shortcut for winamp so that it uses that utility to start up winamp.  The only time you will have to change the affinity yourself is if you double-click a media file and have windows start up winamp automatically to play that media file.  And even then you could work around that by going into File Types and changing the command lines in there for mp3 files, ogg files, what have you, to include the program that starts winamp with the affinity you want.

<edit> even without going into File Types, if you start up winamp once with the 'affinity shortcut' and then play different files from Explorer and the 'play in winamp' context menu (or double clicking, whatever) it will start playing in the currently open copy of winamp, which already has the affinity you desire anyways.

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2019