Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Logitech Multimedia Keys & Foobar2000 (Read 120541 times) previous topic - next topic

Logitech Multimedia Keys & Foobar2000

Reply #25
First of all, I'm no expert, but I have some ideas you might try.

Go to "Preferences->Core"
If you have checked "Use multimedia keys for attenuation" you also need to enable "Attenuator" in "Preferences->Playback->DSP Manager". If you have done the first but not the latter, you'll hear no difference when using the volume on the keyboard, when foobar2000 is in focus. This is because it's trying to adjusts the volume that you've turned off by not enabling "attenuator". If foobar is out of focus you adjust the master volume in windows.

Another problem is if you've enabled both and adjust volume both "in focus" and "out of focus" as this will adjust both foobar2000 and master volume.

This is at least how I've figured out it works.

My setup is working, and I've done what's been said in this thread and have these settings:
"Preferences->Core" unchecked ""Use multimedia keys for attenuation"
My keyboard volume control now controls master volume in windows regardless of foobar focus.

If this is far out please tell me 

Btw: You may have another problem if you master volume bar is moving and nothing happens...

Reply #26
I just bought a logitech elite duo off ebay but it doesn't quite work like it should.  All the iTouch and multimedia keys don't do what they're supposed to.  The only things that work correctly are the volume and iNav controls.  I know most of the keys can be programmed through the iTouch software but the media keys like play and stop cannot.  Does anyone know a way to change the function of these keys?

Reply #27
Hmm, has anyone been able to use multimedia keys with 0.7 beta? Pretty much stopped working for me.

Reply #28
I didn't dare to ask (before I had prepared a good case), but yes, I have had problems with foobar v0.7betaX too.
I'm currently using beta20, and the keys only work when foobar is in focus.
I just tried to remove everything but foobar2000 in the players.ini, but to no avail.
After doing that I also discovered that winamp 2.95 support was still present somehow, even after removing it from players.ini. I did not find any clues in the registry to change this either (but I'm no reg expert).

Another thing I have noted is that when foobar is already running, I can no longer bring it to front by pressing my multimedia key shortcut "start foobar", or my taskbar icon shortcut.

WinXP SP1, foobar2000 v0.7beta20, Logitech Internet Navigator SE

Reply #29
I've the same problem -.- Foobar2000 v0.667 and Winampfft 2.x are working normally with this keyboard. Even if foobar is minimized. But 0.7...  ... only when focused..

Reply #30
Somebody should try this line :

Code: [Select]
Foobar=msg,foobar2000.exe,FOOBAR20000_CLASS,xxx,xxx,40009,40044,40010,40051,40011,Foobar2000

in players.ini

Here is the Hoekey configuration for Foobar (using messages rather than keystrokes)

~Z=Msg|FOOBAR2000_CLASS|273|40051;windows+Z=Previous
~X=Msg|FOOBAR2000_CLASS|273|40009;windows+X=Play
~C=Msg|FOOBAR2000_CLASS|273|40044;windows+C=Pause
~V=Msg|FOOBAR2000_CLASS|273|40010;windows+V=Stop
~_V=Msg|FOOBAR2000_CLASS|273|40045;windows+SHIFT+V=Stop after current song
~B=Msg|FOOBAR2000_CLASS|273|40011;windows+B=Next song
~115=Msg|FOOBAR2000_CLASS|273|40008;windows+F4=Exit foobar2000
~^P=FocusMsg|FOOBAR2000_CLASS|273|40007;windows+CTRL+P=Preferences
~^F=FocusMsg|FOOBAR2000_CLASS|273|40040;windows+CTRL+F=playlist search

and here the iTouch configuration for Zoom Player (using messages rather than keystrokes)

ZoomPlayer=msg,zplayer.exe,TMainForm,Zoom Player,xxx,32817,32817,163889,491569,426033,Zoom Player

Reply #31
Altus,

i pasted the first line into the players.ini

but im not sure how to enter in the second part....

can u explain please.

Thanks

Reply #32
i believe you need the 'hoekey' software

Reply #34
Hmm, girder is rather nice. If anyone wants to use it as a replacement for itouch or any other manufacturer supplies multimedia keyboard software (which I can already suggest after 10 minutes of use), here's a short guide:

First you would create a Command, and a EventString under that. In the EventString, using Learn Event, press the multimedia key you need. Going back to Command, in the Command tab, you specify the Target as Class Name "FOOBAR2000_CLASS", Executable foobar2000.exe. You can use the targeting tool, but those two are the only ones you would need. Afterwards, put in the appropriate WParam and LParam. Here's how I got them:

I used Capture, and then clicked for example the play button in foobar2000. You would get a few new entries in the capture window. You're looking for the one with Window Class "FOOBAR2000_CLASS". Wparam should a non 0 or 1 number, and with some exceptions*, in the case of Foobar2k, the Lparam should be equal to "394682"

Once you put those two values in under Command tab, just click Apply and it should work.

I concocted a quick config file that you could load from the file menu, though it will probably only work with my or compatible keyboards (Logitech Elite Duo typeish). You will need to redefine the EventStrings for each Command if it doesn't work.

linky

* The Play/pause command was the elusive one, I added it to fb2k's menu, and only then did it trigger an event. The Wparam is 22060, but, curiously, the Lparam is 0.

Reply #35
Parak >

Did you manage to learn Girder the events from your multimedia keys ?
Like the iTouch key...

Altus

Reply #36
Yep, though you should only have girder running (obviously). Once you give it the eventstring, in the command you would go to the OS tab, and pick execute from the list. Or whatever you need ;p

Reply #37
Without using iTouch, will the security mode work?

Reply #38
Yep, though you should only have girder running (obviously). Once you give it the eventstring, in the command you would go to the OS tab, and pick execute from the list. Or whatever you need ;p

Well some keys are catched by Girder, but some keys are still unreachable for it.

thank you for your help

Reply #39
Anyone know how to get the multimedia keys to work on an IBM keyboard?

Reply #40
If you have problems with windows hijacking certain keys, download the Keyboard Ex plugin (don't forget to enable it) for girder. IIRC there should be a thread in the girder forum that explains how to use it correctly.
Always defragment your MP3s to avoid subtle lack in harmonics.

Reply #41
Anyone know how to get Foobar to recognize the key presses without it having to be the window in focus?

Cheers,

Mr. Pain

Reply #42
Anyone know how to get Foobar to recognize the key presses without it having to be the window in focus?

Use the "global hotkey" checkbox before adding a hotkey.

Reply #43
Girder works when Foobar isn't activated but just running in the background (that's a start), but doesn't pass the commands when Foobar is minimized to tray. What to do, what to do??

Reply #44
I'm using a Logitech Internet Navigator keyboard, this is how I've got it working with FooBar.

Plugin the keyboard, not using the Logitech drivers, as they hook any of the non-standard keys.  Go into Foobar's shortcut keys dialogue and where it askes for the key to define, push one of the multimedia keys.  Assign it to a function, set it as a global hotkey and move onto the next.  It might display a single letter, like P or Q, but only the multimedia key will trigger than function in FooBar.

I've had success with most of the multimedia keys on my keyboard, previous, next, play/pause, stop, volume up/down, mute.  The other keys you'll have to experiment with, some return a blank value in FooBar and can't be used to assign a global hotkey to.

- Jaxon

Reply #45
Girder works when Foobar isn't activated but just running in the background (that's a start), but doesn't pass the commands when Foobar is minimized to tray. What to do, what to do??

You can use Foobars command line options. Run Foobar /help to see them.
Always defragment your MP3s to avoid subtle lack in harmonics.

Reply #46
I found a strange bug on foobar format string.

I have a logitech keyboard internet navigator special edition and a sound blaster Audigy using kxdriver.

I do not use the logitech drivers for my multimedia keys , i use the kxdrivers for managing the multimedia keys.

So everything works fine BUT if i do not put  '['%_foobar2000_version%']' at the end of the main window title formatting my multimedia keys stop working.
If i put  '['%_foobar2000_version%']' at the end of the main window title formatting my multimedia keys go back working.

Is this a foobar bug ?

Reply #47
I found a strange bug on foobar format string.

I have a logitech keyboard internet navigator special edition and a sound blaster Audigy using kxdriver.

I do not use the logitech drivers for my multimedia keys , i use the kxdrivers for managing the multimedia keys.

So everything works fine BUT if i do not put  '['%_foobar2000_version%']' at the end of the main window title formatting my multimedia keys stop working.
If i put  '['%_foobar2000_version%']' at the end of the main window title formatting my multimedia keys go back working.

Is this a foobar bug ?

Sounds like you setup your kxdrivers to look for a window with "foobar" in the title to send events too.

Reply #48
Sorry for my english, i'm italian.
I try to explain better 
In foobar preferences->title formatting->main window title , if i do not write at the end of the window the words "'['%_foobar2000_version%']'" my multimedia keys stop working, if i write at the end the words "'['%_foobar2000_version%']'" the multimedia works perfectly.
the same happens if i put the words "'['%_foobar2000_version%']'" in the middle of the string, the multimedia does not work. I have only to put them at the end of the sentence for make the multimedia keys working.

I use the kxdrivers and do not install the logitech ones.

i do not install the logitech drivres coz they  are in conflict with the kx multimedia keys controller.

Thank u.

Reply #49
Does foobar have some specific windows ID:s for play, stop, etc. So one could just use those in itouch.ini..
If there aren't any / or they are not documented; maybe they should be.
Then all this shortcut key business could be avoided.