Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: The Lossless Audio Blog Has Moved! (Read 3288 times) previous topic - next topic

The Lossless Audio Blog Has Moved!

The Lossless Audio Blog has moved! I finally made the move to give The L.A.B its own domain. This move also provided the chance to use WordPress. With WordPress I will be able to add alot of the features that were not possible with Blogger. I hope you like the new setup, we will be adding graphics (thanks to some fellow HA members) a Downloads & Utilities section and some color to the template to start with.

If there is anything you like or dont like about the new site or something you want to see let me know. Any ideas or feedback is much appreciated.

www.losslessaudioblog.com

Reply #1
If there is anything you like or dont like about the new site or something you want to see let me know. Any ideas or feedback is much appreciated.

www.losslessaudioblog.com

I'm looking at it on a Mac at the moment. It looks exactly the same with Safari, Opera, and Firefox - which is just how things should be, of course.

The large font sizes look "modern" and up-to-the-minute - because the current trend is that way.

FWIW, unlike your previous design it works well at narrow browser widths. Not that it would matter if it didn't. Although a lot of people don't browse full-screen these days, if a site has an interesting design that requires a wider window to work properly, then I guess it's up to visitors to adjust if they want to see it as intended.

I think I'd prefer the red links to do something on mouseover - maybe lose the underlining as the mouse passes over if nothing else? - even if you want them to have the same color for visited and unvisited. But even so I don't think anyone would have any trouble realizing they were links, since they're distinguished both by color and by something else - the underlining.

For me the four pale grey links along the top just above the post: "Hardware, FLAC, iTunes | No comments" fall a little too much into the background. (And the same with the links at the bottom listing older posts.) That pale grey on white is quite low-contrast. But then again, I don't know how many people would have trouble seeing that, and whether a significant number would happen to pass your way ... and also the context should suggest to people that there might be a set of links at the top or bottom of each post, so they'll know to pay attention to that area of the page. All of which is to say that some small changes might make things easier for a minority of visitors, but the cues people pick up can be quite complex and contextual so that I don't think there's a rigid and fixed way to do these things.

Reply #2
Thanks for the feedback Nick E. I am going to be working on some of the colors to help make certain areas easier to see/find. Some of the grey on white can blend together. I am also considering a entire new color scheme that will be very different than the current one but am not sure yet.

"For me the four pale grey links along the top just above the post: "Hardware, FLAC, iTunes | No comments" fall a little too much into the background. (And the same with the links at the bottom listing older posts.)"

This is the one thing I really do want to work on changing soon. Not only how comments are displayed but the color of these links, good suggestion!

Cosmetic changes are high on the list right after content. I've got a lot of new content and Pages to add. It's a one man show so it doesn't go as fast as I would like but I am pretty pleased with the new design. The idea was to make it very easy to read, simple and clean without too much clutter. The one other item that I wonder about is whether there is enough of a separation between posts, meaning is it easy to distinguish between each post? Thanks again for the feedback!