Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foobar playback stops for a second (Read 4260 times) previous topic - next topic

foobar playback stops for a second

Hello, my problem is that when I'm listening to music and do something in other apps like totalcommander, when I click back to foobar for example for volume adjusting, it stops playback for a very short time, than continue playback.
Every time I click back to foobar from another window, this dropout occurs.
What could it be?

Tamas Dragon

Reply #1
What user interface are you using (standard, columns UI, or otherwise)?  If Columns UI, are you displaying any panels (like albumart, trackinfomod, etc)?

Reply #2
Hello, my problem is that when I'm listening to music and do something in other apps like totalcommander, when I click back to foobar for example for volume adjusting, it stops playback for a very short time, than continue playback.
Every time I click back to foobar from another window, this dropout occurs.
What could it be?

Tamas Dragon

Is your playback thread priority (under Preferences->Advanced->Playback->Thread Priority) set to the maximum (7) ?

Reply #3
I use the standard gui, no additional windows and thread priority is 7. I have no idea what could happen. My machine is a 3.2Ghz prescott with 2gb ram. Any idea?

Tamas Dragon

Reply #4
Remove plugins one by one and find out if a plugin is causing this. Save anything before.
Sysinternals Process Explorer to see if and which process takes massive cpu cycles at the time your audio interrupts.

Reply #5
Remove plugins one by one and find out if a plugin is causing this. Save anything before.
Sysinternals Process Explorer to see if and which process takes massive cpu cycles at the time your audio interrupts.

Excuse me my ignorance, but where can I remove plugins?

Reply #6
I have removed everything, the situation is the same. What now?

Tamas Dragon

Reply #7
Did you investigate if there are cpu peaks? I can't imagine how a bare foobar200 could cause cpu peaks just when acticvating it.
How is "preferences - Playback -Output" configured? Buffer too small?

Reply #8
Didn't notice any cpu spikes. But the playback stops as before. I really have no idea.