Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_dockable_panels (Read 156341 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_dockable_panels

Reply #75
High at all.

Always looked for something like this, thx.

But....,

there is a problem, what i carry around with me, since i started using foobar.
I've got a lot of single songs without a cover picture.
Is somebody knowing, how i can display the pictures i get, but let disappear the albumart if there is no picture?

If there is a solution together with the dockable, that would be perfekt.

Thanks

foo_dockable_panels

Reply #76
Can you add splitters and tabs to the dockable panels? I don't see them in the right-click panel list.

Edit: Would it be possible to keep a panel's titlebar even when no frame is selected?

foo_dockable_panels

Reply #77
My current look with foo_dockable_panels

All I need now is to get rid of the scroll bars ;]

foo_dockable_panels

Reply #78
Can you add splitters and tabs to the dockable panels? I don't see them in the right-click panel list.

Edit: Would it be possible to keep a panel's titlebar even when no frame is selected?

If you look on his wiki site you'll see that splitters currently don't work which is why they're not in the list ;]

foo_dockable_panels

Reply #79
= Release 1.0.2 =
* collapse menu
* created "Activate" main menu sub menu, put commands to activate panels there
There used to be a link to my website here.

foo_dockable_panels

Reply #80
Thanks cwbowron for the quick update,one request:can you change the names of activate\collapse commands
to differ from each other?When you're trying to access those from trackinfo mod $button2 function the names are the same (activate\album list,collapse\album list) it refers only to the "activate" one.
Favourite artist:CD-R
Favourite album:700MB

foo_dockable_panels

Reply #81
Great component.

I am having a couple of problems (I think) with the panels:
* I can't move the panel without first shrinking it, at which point I can drag it about
* After dragging and expanding I cannot shrink the panel down again without first resizing the panel. Once a resize has been performed I can double click to minimize once more.

Any chance for an option that keeps the panels on top of other windows?

foo_dockable_panels

Reply #82
Great component.

I am having a couple of problems (I think) with the panels:
* I can't move the panel without first shrinking it, at which point I can drag it about
* After dragging and expanding I cannot shrink the panel down again without first resizing the panel. Once a resize has been performed I can double click to minimize once more.

Any chance for an option that keeps the panels on top of other windows?

I'm not sure why you are having problems with moving, I've never encountered that... The panels do "stick" to the main window and each other so the movement might need to be more exagerated because if they are withing 5 pixesl they snap to the other windows.

If you make your foobar2000 main window "Always on Top" from the View menu, the panels will also be "Always on Top"

foo_dockable_panels

Reply #83
It does not seem to be a snapping problem.
When I hover over the title bar I only receive the "resize" cursor which appears half way down the title bar. The normal cursor shows for the top half of the bar but clicking and dragging does nothing.

I am using the latest version of both the component and foobar.

Ok I have found the cause of the problem. I am using this visual style: http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/31135403/

When I change the style everything works as normal. Very odd.

foo_dockable_panels

Reply #84
Release 1.0.3
Code: [Select]
    *  added numbers to the activate menu so items there are distinct from collapse menu.
    * Expansion Tagz
          o if the tag script evaluates to anything other than an empty string it assumes the panel should be expanded, otherwise it should be collapsed
          o Formatting is done based on the playing song
          o processing can be turned on or off on the preferences menu
          o the tag will be evaluated every time a new song plays
    * allow splitters (horizontal and vertical splitters do not work because there is currently no way to add panels to them, tabbed panels work)
    * reworked some of the snapping code

foo_dockable_panels

Reply #85
Hmm,

need little bit help with the * Expansion Tagz.

If i understood you right, then an empty string let collapse panel.

Doesnt work with everything i tried.

Can you give me an example string which works for you?

Edit:

Did not look at your wiki, forget about the question

foo_dockable_panels

Reply #86
Small bug, not critical:

When the option for "Hide Close Box" is selected, a check does not appear next to the option.

And again, it would be nice if hiding the frame didnt hide the titlebar too.

foo_dockable_panels

Reply #88
It is such a great idea and plugin.
Some suggestion to make the use of this plugin easier and maybe mimic some of Winamp's functions. Is it possible to access activate/show/hide panel from a button such that when you press a button it will show or hide the playlist? The button can change shade to indicate the state of the panel (show/hide). Other often used panels can be associated with other buttons.
Maybe the functions are already there. Someone creative can implement these with button press instead of access these functions from the menu.
A second thought and closer look of this plugin indicate that there is no direct mapping of these functions. But a combination of the functions such as "collapse" and "hide when collapsed" can achive this show/hide panel/window function.

Just read the whole thread and realize that Post #41 made the same suggestion.

foo_dockable_panels

Reply #89
Found small bug.

In last version I create dockable tabbed panel/playlist tree/album list.

In playlist tree "Enter - add to library playlist" not working, but "Space - add to current playlist" working.

foo_dockable_panels

Reply #90
Great plugin, cwbowron!
Unfortunatly since the last version resizing snaps to the edges of the main window. Would it be possible to have an option to toggle that functionality off?
Because I want to have a window inside the main window which is slightly smaller than it.

foo_dockable_panels

Reply #91
is there a way to hide the main window completely? I'd love the idea to have a foobar layout not influenced by the system theme by hiding titlebar and borders completely.

foo_dockable_panels

Reply #92
= Release 1.0.4 =

* check box next to hide closebox if hidden
* transparency, opacity options
* $dock_iscollapsed_index(n) - returns 1 if the panel with index n is collapsed, empty string and false otherwise
** for use in expansion tagz
** indexing starts at 0
** only works if something is playing
** example: ''$if($not($dock_iscollapsed_index(1)),Expand,)''

foo_dockable_panels

Reply #93
With version 1.0.4 I enable transparency.

This is result of my experiments:

expand all panels

collapse all panels

Foobar run on WinXP Sp2

foo_dockable_panels

Reply #94
Little problem with the collapse function that i've found.

If the item you're collapsing has anything below it, the items below will snap to whatever is above the collapsing item. This means when I uncollapse the panel, what was below it to start with it still stuck to whatever is above.

I'd like to be able to collapse the browser and columns, from this;

To this;

(i'm aware the pictures don't match up ;])

Cheers

foo_dockable_panels

Reply #95
One small request, the ability to disable the horizontal or vertical snapping on a panel. This would allow people who use visualstyles with transparency on the frames to align their windows correctly.

edit:also, one small problem when using dual-monitors. When foobar is started the docked panels will rememeber their positions on the primary monitor, but not for the secondary.

foo_dockable_panels

Reply #96
re: v1.0.4 -- on foo v0.9.4.1 -- WinXP SP2

[1] -- bug -- The ''Hide Close Box'' checkmark (in the Active Panel menu) is shown in the opposite state as the close box (checked upon creation of a new panel)

[2] -- ? bug ? -- When a panel is docked/snapped to the inside (over the top) of the main window, the panel does not move when the main window is dragged, as it would when docked to the outside

[3] -- request -- It would be nice if when a panel is unhidden/uncollapsed , it would also become active. So if two panels occupy the same space , a newly unhidden panel won't be hidden from view behind another panel. ( I suppose the ''always on top'' request mentioned in previous posts would solve this )

Thank you for your work !

-- edit --

I've been having a problem with minimizing / restoring foobar2000 by clicking on it's windows taskbar button. Removing this dll appears to solve the issue

foo_dockable_panels

Reply #99
the move window tool thing doesnt work when i have the window's frame turned off. O.o

Oh also, 75% of the time when I click the taskbar to minimize foobar, only the main window minimizes and the dockable windows stay on the screen.