Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_dockable_panels (Read 156364 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_dockable_panels

Reply #100
Oh also, 75% of the time when I click the taskbar to minimize foobar, only the main window minimizes and the dockable windows stay on the screen.
Same problem here, just the percentage is different - about 40%.
And that never happens when minimizing with a click on the tray icon.
Panels involved: foo_uie_albumart and foo_uie_tabs (with album list and console panels inside of it).
Also, the "Always show tray icon" and "Minimise to tray" options in Columns UI Status bar/Systray preferences are set.

foo_dockable_panels

Reply #101
Oh also, 75% of the time when I click the taskbar to minimize foobar, only the main window minimizes and the dockable windows stay on the screen.
Same problem here, just the percentage is different - about 40%.
And that never happens when minimizing with a click on the tray icon.
Panels involved: foo_uie_albumart and foo_uie_tabs (with album list and console panels inside of it).
Also, the "Always show tray icon" and "Minimise to tray" options in Columns UI Status bar/Systray preferences are set.

I have this same problem too. It'd be nice if it was fixed.

~JzE

foo_dockable_panels

Reply #102

Did you look at the preferences page?  There's an option for that.
There used to be a link to my website here.

foo_dockable_panels

Reply #103

Can't speak for Nickoladze, but that was the first thing I did.

Anyway, this option is supposed to completely enable or disable minimizing of panels, isn't it? And here we have somewhat random behavior.

Well, not so random. There are some sequences of actions which are more prone to this effect. For example, if I un-minimize the window from tray, then quickly alt-tab to my browser and back to foobar, and then click on the taskbar to minimize it, the dockable panels will stay 19 out of 20 times.

foo_dockable_panels

Reply #104

Can't speak for Nickoladze, but that was the first thing I did.

Anyway, this option is supposed to completely enable or disable minimizing of panels, isn't it? And here we have somewhat random behavior.

Well, not so random. There are some sequences of actions which are more prone to this effect. For example, if I un-minimize the window from tray, then quickly alt-tab to my browser and back to foobar, and then click on the taskbar to minimize it, the dockable panels will stay 19 out of 20 times.

Ok.  I added it to my list of bugs and I'll look into it... There's probably an issue related to switching active apps and whatnot during minimize and restore.

foo_dockable_panels

Reply #105
yeah its checked, the panels like to pop up sometimes when i minimize other programs too

foo_dockable_panels

Reply #106
GREAT PLUGIN! i've been searching all my foobar life for it...

question: how to set "now playing" to show in the dockable panel.
if it can b done, who needs winamp cdcase again..

cheers

foo_dockable_panels

Reply #107
Add a trackinfo (foo_trackinfo_mod) and you're away.  If you then set "Always on top" in foobar, and then uncheck "Minimize panels when minimising main window" then you've got your own Toaster/CDCase once you've minimised foobar.

Cheers..

foo_dockable_panels

Reply #108
Add a trackinfo (foo_trackinfo_mod) and you're away.  If you then set "Always on top" in foobar, and then uncheck "Minimize panels when minimising main window" then you've got your own Toaster/CDCase once you've minimised foobar.

Cheers..

thanks man. now hu needs toaster/cdcase anyway!

it would be nice if the custom titlebar support syntax.(is it called syntax eg. %album% %bitrate% etc?)

foo_dockable_panels

Reply #109
Had to wait 5 days after registering before I could post this request!

Was wondering if you could make so that either:
a) panels can be set to "desktop layer" or something, so they only show on the desktop
b) have panels collapse when fb2k is restored, and expand when the fb2k window is minimized.

The point in this is to have panels sit on the desktop, kinda like desktop widgets.  It works okay at the moment, but it's a little annoying when I open the fb2k window and have the other panels appear as well.  Here's how mine is:
foobar2k on desktop - sex
foobar2k with a window behind it - messy

Cheers
- eerrrr

foo_dockable_panels

Reply #111
is there a way to "merge" panels so that is is possible to activate or hide them at the same time?

the aim here is to create two different visualisation of FB, one with colums playlist (standard), and with one keyboard shortcut, activate or desactivate a visual configuration with big trackinfo/albumart/spectrum...

foo_dockable_panels

Reply #112
sankukaai:

You can also accomplish that effect by placing your entire layout on different foo_uie_tabs panels, hide the tab bar, then bind a keyboard shortcut to cycle tabs.

foo_dockable_panels

Reply #113
Yotsuya

Actually i tried to do it using two diffenrent Colums UI configuration, even though the result doesn't look perfect yet, it close.

The inly problem is when i change the layout form it takes a LONG time to go from the playlist to the visualization (about 10 seconds), its horrible.

it looks like this

and

I really don't know why it takes so long, but do you think it can be quicker if I use your method?

thanks anyway for the tip

foo_dockable_panels

Reply #114
I used to use different layouts and then bind a button to switch to a given layout and yes, it took an annoyingly long time to switch. If you place each layout under a separate tab then it will switch much faster. I currently use this method in my own layout to switch between playlist and vis modes.

foo_dockable_panels

Reply #115
thanks for the tip, it is true that is works very quickly now, the only thing is that i can't set a keyboard shortcut to switch tabs (no command in the keyboard shortcut properties). How do you fix that?

foo_dockable_panels

Reply #116
When defining the keyboard shortcut from:
File> Preferences> General> Keyboard Shortcuts

Navigate through the Action tree for:
[main]> View> Tabbed Panel Stack mod> Select Tab> Panel #x Cycle Forward

EDIT: Make sure you have a recent version of foo_uie_tabs

foo_dockable_panels

Reply #117
i think i might not have the latest one, i have 0.2.1 (called tabbed panel modifyed), but i couldn't find a newer version, and i can't see the choice in the action tree.

foo_dockable_panels

Reply #118
Thanks for this Great Plugin!! 

I have some questions.

1. Can I save/load the whole setting of dockable panels?

2. How can I activate/collape the panels all at once?

3. Drag n drop doesn't work. Planned to support? or is there any setting for this function? - I'm using dockable panels of tapped_panel(containing 2 single_column_playlists) and playlist_tree.

4. Can I insert button controls for collapsing panels into trackinfo_mod? If it's possible, I can control every thing only with 1 trackinfo_mod & 1 seebar. (No need of button toolbar)

5. Can I set specified panels 'always on top' (limited in foobar)? I wanna hide the scroll bars of playlist & playlist_tree using dummy panels.

Have a nice day~ 

foo_dockable_panels

Reply #119
As of this writing the latest version is v0.2.5, you can get it here. If I remember correctly the ability to link buttons and shortcuts to tabs was added in 0.2.4 so you'll need to upgrade if you are still running 0.2.1

foo_dockable_panels

Reply #120
i have a tabbed panel at the top of my layout allowing different view.

How can i add these to a dockable panel. If i add a tabbed panel i can then only display 1 item eg columns, while i want to add columns,track info etc

foo_dockable_panels

Reply #121
2Pacalypse:

There is currently no way to add panels to splitters, which is what you would need. So the only thing to do is add different components to different panels and snap them together.

foo_dockable_panels

Reply #122
how can you snap them together?

foo_dockable_panels

Reply #123
2Pacalypse:

There is currently no way to add panels to splitters, which is what you would need. So the only thing to do is add different components to different panels and snap them together.

so there is currently no way to change layout views via tabs? is it possible to have (using expansion tagz) tabs at the top & say if this tab is selected expand .... else if another tab selected expand ....?

foo_dockable_panels

Reply #124
The tabbed panel stack mod panel works inside dockable panels.  Once you select it as the panel, you can add tabs using "Add tab" from the context menu when you right click on the tabs, but only if you dont hide the tabs.