Skip to main content
Topic: FoobarSync - official disussion thread (Read 8474 times) previous topic - next topic

FoobarSync - official disussion thread

Reply #25
Hey,

im still trying to get FoobarSync to work. After I finally edited my config, I wondered why nothing is copied to my specified destination. Only the FLAG files were copied and not deleted. I recognised as well that it is not possible to see any analysis results like it should. Seemed like the script ended too early without any error message even with Debuglevel=5...

Only after I changed the tasks from "mptr" to "mpt" and added a runid="L:\" cmd had an error for me:

Code: [Select]
C:\windows\system32>cscript "C:\Program Files (x86)\foobar2000\sync.vbs" tasks=mpt Debuglevel=5
Microsoft (R) Windows Script Host Version 5.7
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

FB-Home is:C:\Program Files (x86)\foobar2000

FOOBARSYNC 0.9.9 - Sync MediaLibrary and Playlists from foobar2000 to targets
http://foobarsync.lima-city.de

*** PROCESSING 'L:\foobarSYNC.id' (SansaClip+)
    OPTIONS..: TEST, MediaLibrary, Playists

Preparing: setting attributes on target...
  Medialib.: there are 14424 items in Medialibrary
  Medialib.: analysed 3 items in 30.11.1999 00:00:02 (3 items/s)
  Playlists: there are 55 playlists with 42566 items in foobar2000
C:\Program Files (x86)\foobar2000\sync.vbs(175, 2) Microsoft VBScript runtime error: Invalid procedure call or argument: 'left'

I looked for the indicated argument:

[#175] wscript.StdOut.write s&left(SCstr,79-len(s))&left(BSstr,79-len(s))

and after I changed it to
[#175] wscript.StdOut.write s

the analysis shows up and Im even able to copy tracks to the specified destination.

I dont know what the left-argument is about. Is it necessary? Why is it buggy? Help is appreciated. Thanks:)

FoobarSync - official disussion thread

Reply #26
Hi matzekatze! Guess you found a bug 

I dont know what the left-argument is about. Is it necessary? Why is it buggy? Help is appreciated. Thanks:)

Line #175 gives any (!) output to the console. I gave the script a very fancy output like progress calculations and so on, thats why it is quite difficult to guess whats going wrong.

If you like to help to find the error, do the following modifications and send me the output via PM.
  • Insert a line with wscript.StdOut.write "~"&s before line 175.
Script should aferwards look like this:
[#175] wscript.StdOut.write "~"&s
[#176] wscript.StdOut.write s&left(SCstr,79-len(s))&left(BSstr,79-len(s))

Thank you.

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2020