Skip to main content
Topic: [request] Read CD-Text in Foobar (Read 7775 times) previous topic - next topic

[request] Read CD-Text in Foobar

Hi, I don't know how to code anything but HTML (that's a big help here.  ) so I don't know how hard this would be to implement. But I was hoping that someone could write a plugin that reads CD-Text when you goto File>Open Audio CD>Play

Reply #1
I'd like to see this implamented too.

Reply #2
I'd like to see this too - actually I was surprised when I found it isn't already implemented, foobar2000 seems to do everything else!  Ed

Reply #3
I would also like this, as well as the ability to read ISRCs, pregaps, UPC, etc. from the disc - as EAC does - and store them within a cuesheet or the files. If these abilities were available, I would have little further need for EAC!

Reply #4
I'm sorry to bump this, but will there be any comment from the developers or a plugin dev. on the possibility of these features?

Reply #5
It's been a few months since I first proposed this, I was wondering if anyone has come up with a solution, or a workaround yet. If not, *Bump*

Reply #6
funny - the only 'Media' Player I know which supports CDText is The KMPlayer (beta or meanwhile stable, too)
seams that this is an exotic request 

Reply #7
I also would like to see such feature in foobar2000.

(to fb2k author) Why foobar2000 uses its own format to keep CD track info instead of more wide-spread cdplayer.ini?
The past  was yesterday...

Reply #8
Some Sort of Bumb Here, As I would also like this feature very much.
For those people who programming isn't much of a problem:
the open Source Program called Tiny Player Does the trick. (but ofcourse lacks all the ultra cool foobar features)
Complete source is available there , so I think this can be done easily or a I missing something?

I would love to see the button "Get tags from CD-text" next to ".. from Freedb" , so if anyone sees the challenge, you will be rewarded with a life time CD-text Heroism..

Thanks in Advantage

Reply #9
still no news with cd-text reading
minka niau!

Reply #10
funny - the only 'Media' Player I know which supports CDText is The KMPlayer (beta or meanwhile stable, too)

RealPlayer also reads CD-Text.

+1 for this in Foobar2000

Reply #13

RealPlayer also reads CD-Text.

+1 for this in Foobar2000

More players with CD-text support can be found at:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of...etadata_support

kind regards, Han

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2019