Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Compress hybrid wavpack files (Read 3318 times) previous topic - next topic

Compress hybrid wavpack files

Hello!

I am using this forum for the first time so hopefully it will be right.

I have used EAC and Wavpack to backup a cd. I tried the lossy compression and saved the correction file .wvc to the same folder

I am not sure how it works when I try to convert to mp4 with nero AAC encoder using Foobar2000. Will it use the information saved in correction file when converting to mp4 so it will make a lossless wavfile before compressing to mp4?

If not I go for lossless mode in wavpack and then compress to mp4 using foobar2000. 

Magnus

Compress hybrid wavpack files

Reply #1
The decoder will read the correction file if its present. So your .mp4 will be converted from a lossless source. Just convert using foobar.