Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: TOTALTRACKS tag from FLAC tags (Read 1941 times) previous topic - next topic

TOTALTRACKS tag from FLAC tags

I searched around a little for this one, but couldn't find anything.  I understand that fb2k can take a TRACK tag in the XX/YY format (ID3 tag type), and split it out and present it as separate TRACK and TOTALTRACKS tags.  Is it possible to add the ability to do the same for FLAC files?  Or is the tag structure (I know they are all comment fields) such that it cannot be done?

It would be a nice added feature to be able to do the same splitting of the XX/YY format, rather than having to go back and do this with Masstagger or outside fb2k with Mp3tag. 

I hope that I am not missing something. 

Reply #1
try this, but note I am not completely sure I understand, so do it with a few so you don't screw up a bunch of tags:
(I assume by TRACK you mean TRACKNUMBER...)

in foobar v0.9.3.1, go to 'manage scripts'
select add, select 'format value from other fields'
Destination Field name:
TOTALTRACKS
Formatting Pattern:
$replace($meta(WHATEVER THE FLAC INFO TAG IS,'/YY','YY')
click ok.
select add, select 'format value from other fields'
Destination Field name:
TRACKNUMBER
Formatting Pattern:
$replace($meta(WHATEVER THE FLAC INFO TAG IS,'XX/',XX)
click ok.
click run.

hopefully that works.  let me know.

Reply #2
I appreciate the feedback, but I was actually trying to see if there was the chance that the "TRACK" field, if in a XX/YY format would get read as separate "TRACKNUMBER" and "TOTALTRACKS" fields like it does currently for ID3 tags. 

I have been able to make the proper script changes to pull out what I need for now, but it would be nice if the XX/YY "TRACK" tag would get parsed the same way for all tag types...that is the same for ID3, APE and VORBIS (FLAC).