Skip to main content
Topic: Nero Integrates MPEG-4-AAC Audio Codec (Read 12451 times) previous topic - next topic

Nero Integrates MPEG-4-AAC Audio Codec

Reply #50
Hello Ivan, I was wondering how much longer till the aac codec is release? Will existing nero 5.5 users be able to download a 6.0 update for free? Thx

Reply #51
There's a question I have: Will Nero produce .AAC files or QT6 compatible .MP4 files?

Both - by default, it will output fully compatible ISO MP4 files (we are doing a lot of interoperability testing in M4IF)

But, also, it will have an option to "export" to ISO 13818-7 AAC track (MPEG-2 ADTS AAC) - this has been tested on Comdex with Philips Expanium players and it works very well.

Hello Ivan, I was wondering how much longer till the aac codec is release? Will existing nero 5.5 users be able to download a 6.0 update for free?

Unfortunately, none of these questions could be answered by me

AAC support in NERO is completed - only things that need to be done are final bug checks and minor speed-ups - so it won't take long before a release version is prepared.

Reply #52
Is Nero only doing aac or its also going to be a full fledge program doing mpeg 4 encoding as well?

Reply #53
On our MPEG-4 roadmap, for this year MPEG-4 AAC was on the plan, and it has been successfully completed (almost ;-)  -  expect public version soon (issues left are not of development or quality nature)

For the next year,  well -  I think we will make very nice steps towards  full MPEG-4 support

Reply #54
Hi guys...
I'm very admiring the job of all psytel Team...
And i'm also REALLY happy to learn the support of nero... I was answering on the web for a good couple of weeks and finally... cool. so cool.
In a previous post, Ivan talks about tests on the Phillips Expanium... And i'm excited to read this because i got it... So, you've done a lot of great great job...
I just want to ask you a question.... About aac+ ... I know it's not official, but just want to know if you'd done some test with the expanium, and if it will be compatible with... Because the phillip's website isn't really instructive about that...                 
Thanks a lot.

Reply #55
No, Expanium is not compatible with AAC+. I don't think any publicly available hardware is, yet..
Juha Laaksonheimo

Reply #56
Well,  I tested AAC decoders with AAC+ files, and all standard compatible AAC decoders are able to decode them,  except you won't have high frequencies (reconstructed with SBR tool)

You need AAC+ decoder for full quality.

Reply #57
Thx a lot ivan... That's a pretty good news....     

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2019