Skip to main content
Topic: [BUG] Convert to... New Folder name not displayed (Read 2186 times) previous topic - next topic

[BUG] Convert to... New Folder name not displayed

When right-clicking on one or more tracks, selecting Convert\Convert to..., clicking OK on the format, clicking the Make New Folder button, typing a folder name plus a carriage return (Enter), fb2k displays "Folder: New Folder".  This disagrees with the folder name just entered, leading the user to think that the converted file will not be stored to the folder name just entered.  It would be more intuitive if fb2k updates the folder name following "Folder:" after the new folder name is entered.

I observed this bug on fb2k v0.9.3 b2 and b3.

Reply #1
Can't find any problem when following your instructions with fb0.9.3 b3.
Where does fb this display: "Folder: New Folder"
Maybe a sreenshot?

Reply #2
i'll second the bug....in conversion, the save button is greyed out on any folder i select, even if it exists already...  tested in 0.9.3 b3 and b4.

thanks,
Leon

Reply #3
After trying again, I see that 2 or more tracks must be selected for conversion.  Also, by default, the last directory used for conversion is selected for the next conversion.  To duplicate this bug, you must first click on another directory (for me it is the root of my music library) before clicking the New Folder button.

If you don't click on another directory, "New Folder" is created without a prompt to name it.  Another bug...

Reply #4
The directory selection dialog is provided by Windows, so please direct all complains about it at Microsoft.

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2019