Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: fb2k Converter Woes: Error Flushing File (Sharing Violation) (Read 4106 times) previous topic - next topic

fb2k Converter Woes: Error Flushing File (Sharing Violation)

Code: [Select]
Error flushing file (Sharing violation) : file://D:\Yoko Shimomura\Parasite Eve Original Soundtrack\2-04 Kyrie.mp3

It seems to be a sort of a luck of a draw that happens more frequently than a Blue Moon.  Its the converter error of "Error Flushing File (Sharing Violation)" when converting from, in this case, a lossless file to a lossy one.

Its a very annoying issue as a huge lossless library cannot be cued up for conversion because it will stop either at the first file, a file in the middle or some other random file spitting out this error as an excuse.

Is this a problem others are having?

This is the only gripe I have with foobar2000... except for the suggestion or question of being able to set conversion threads to one, three, etc. other than two if a user wants.

Is there a solution to this Error Flushing File (Sharing Violation) problem?  Is this problem known?  Is this problem being work on?

Thanks ahead of time for any answers to this problem.

- Gow

P.S.  I did try a forum search and nothing of value turned up...or its buried under a different title or deeply.
Zune 80, Tak -p4 audio library, Lossless=Choice

Reply #1
Which version of foobar2000 are you using?

Reply #2
Which version of foobar2000 are you using?

foobar2000 v0.9.2...sorry forgot to put the version down.

Reply #3
could be a virus scanner blocking the file, the media library..

your d: drive is not a network drive is it?
I have never seen that kind of error

Reply #4
Its not a network drive and I don't think it could be Kaspersky AV 6.

Reply #5
Ghee we had all kind of weird problem reports with Antivirus software on eMule bug forums.
It has tought me never to use the live-scan function of any AV software

Try encoding a few 100 files with the live scanner off (and that foobar database thing that watches the directorties for changes or however it works , I never use that either)

Reply #6
Convert a total of 109 files, 11 WavPack Image Files w/ embedded cues, without a single fault.

The files were stored on the E Drive and converted to the D Drive.

I think the problem may have to do with certain codecs or converting from the one drive to the that same drive.

Trying to pin it further down.

KAV 6 was not altered.  If the error occurs during my little testing I will turn off the File Scan, which I am a little wary of doing as that is Real-Time Protection and on a computer that is always connected to the internet...maybe a little dangerous. 

In regards to eMule, I use eMule without a single problem with the AV running...which AV clients were giving problems, was it Kaspersky AV 6.0?

Files are being converted and exist outside of the library folder that foobar2000 scans.

Successful conversion was done with Musepack 1.15v, now trying Lame 3.98a6, than ogg aoTuV b4.51 (Lancer), non-Lancer ogg and finally Nero AAC.

Hopefully, I can help or aid in pinning this problem down.

EDIT: On mp3 run, error occured on file 74 of 109.  Will retest with Real-Time Protection disabled.

EDIT: Test with mp3 and Real-Time Protection turned off is successful...so you may have it pegged down to a T, sony666.  I will for the time being, during conversion disable real-time protection.  Thanks for that info, sony666.

- Gow

Reply #7
Keep an eye on it
A little common sense will replace both realtime AV and personal firewall.