Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_uie_vis_projectm - a quick port to 0.9 (Read 144677 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_uie_vis_projectm - a quick port to 0.9

Reply #75
I got this error message.  Don't know what is the reason.

Failed to load DLL: foo_uie_vis_projectm.dll
Reason: Invalid access to memory location.

Reply #76
maybe u have too much time and would make an sse3-version for those wo have newer penti-4, newer athlon64, newer opteron, newer sempron, all athlon64x2, all turion, all celeron d and my core duo and ...

what about sse4 or mmx or 3Dnow! versions? 

i think the two versions are enough.

SSE3 and SSE4 are not necessary due to :

1.) The nature of the instructions added. SSE2 was major - double precision. SSE was major - 8 additional SIMD registers. SSE3 and SSE4... not so much.

2.) SSE is on millions and millions of processors such as widespread Pentium 3 and Athlon XP series. Now, the P3 can really benefit from decoding in SSE mode, not so much the Athlon XP, but still... that's millions of processors. I think x87, SSE, and SSE2 would be the widest range of potential users and make the most sense.

Thanks for the sarcasm anyway.

Reply #77
Please consider compiling a SSE (1) version for all the CPU users that have SSE but not SSE2. This includes Pentium 3, Athlon XP, and some other CPUs.

probably I will for the next release.

maybe u have too much time and would make an sse3-version for those wo have newer penti-4, newer athlon64, newer opteron, newer sempron, all athlon64x2, all turion, all celeron d and my core duo and ...

what about sse4 or mmx or 3Dnow! versions? 

i think the two versions are enough.

how many versions I have to release when I post an update? 
no, too many, so I think I will just release normal, SSE (probably) and SSE2 (I have just SSE2) in the next release.
do u have that many computers to play with? just pick one to use or just not to use it at all.

you don't have SSE2, download the normal version please.

Reply #78

you don't have SSE2, download the normal version please.

That doesn't fix either. I tried another old version (0.2) and got the same error message. This is from the toshiba notebook with Pentium 4 CPU.

Reply #79
That doesn't fix either. I tried another old version (0.2) and got the same error message. This is from the toshiba notebook with Pentium 4 CPU.

do u have other latest components like columns ui? I'm not sure about this problem because if my friends got this message, they can use the normal version to get rid of it. sorry.

Reply #80
do u have that many computers to play with? just pick one to use or just not to use it at all

hehe only one notebook with core duo that will be updated with a core 2 when it will be affordable. by the way all sse3-able cpus should be bored to death with projectm (in panel). but special versions for older versions are wise!

what is the calculated resolution in panel mode? size of panel or what i set in preferences? or something between * random + x?

by the way: great work! i've looked so long for a better panel vis than spectrum analyzer but could not imagine it will be a so good one :-) thx a lot!

Reply #81
Nice plugin 
Hoping for the memory leak bug be fixed
-foobar2000 + Burrrn + EAC
-HD 80Gb using High QualityVBR MP3s

Reply #82
would you might want to tell us how we get this to display in the latest version of foobar?

Some people here actually have enough of a life not to know every 1 and 0 of foobar

Sorry if that sounds cruel but it's the honest truth. i simply don't have the time to understand the 100% fundementals of foobar and dlls etc but appreciate the fact someone had made milkdrop work for foobar. Unfortunately I have no idea how I am supposed to make this work...

Reply #83
would you might want to tell us how we get this to display in the latest version of foobar?

1) Downlaod the plugin from the link on the first post of this thread, depending on your SSE capabilities.
2) Unpack foo_uie_vis_projectm.dll into your foobar components directory
3) Restart Foobar
4) Foobar> File> Preferences> Display> ColumnsUI> "Layout" Tab
5) Add the "ProjectM Visualization" panel to your layout
6) Apply and save your new layout

I can verify this works using ProjectM v0.4 w/SSE2 on Foobar v0.9.2

Reply #84
Nevermind once again. Thanks... got it figured out.

actually the presets don't seem to be working right. They aren't very dynamic looking but rather look very static and unlively and unaffected by the music in other words. Am I doing something wrong?

Hmm perhaps do they not work with flac? I only use foobar with flac files.

Edit for probably the 1000th time

I see that MP3 work but flac don't

Is there any way to get flac to work? MP3 are inferior and useless to me!! flac all the way... I only use flac anymore.. in fact I have bought all the albums I have convertered to flac just to have them lossless.

Reply #85
Like posted above, memory usage goes up when changing tracks, and I also noticed it does too when resizing the panel. Otherwise, great work

Reply #86
* NEWS *

New version in progress, using the projectM 0.98 core.
screenshot

(...)

An unrelated question: what playlist view string are you using in the configuration from the screenshot? Is it one that you did yourself? If that's the case, can you share?

Reply #87

1) Downlaod the plugin from the link on the first post of this thread, depending on your SSE capabilities.
2) Unpack foo_uie_vis_projectm.dll into your foobar components directory
3) Restart Foobar
4) Foobar> File> Preferences> Display> ColumnsUI> "Layout" Tab
5) Add the "ProjectM Visualization" panel to your layout
6) Apply and save your new layout

I can verify this works using ProjectM v0.4 w/SSE2 on Foobar v0.9.2

Step 5 seems to be easier said than done... I am in the correct tab of my preferences but I am not seeing any place that tells me to "add" another component. maybe a little more elaboration for step 5 is necessary

Reply #88
5) Add the "ProjectM Visualization" panel to your layout by right-clicking on a splitter.

Reply #89
Step 5 seems to be easier said than done... I am in the correct tab of my preferences but I am not seeing any place that tells me to "add" another component. maybe a little more elaboration for step 5 is necessary

They say a picture is worth a thousand words, do you need any more?

Reply #90
Actually, I'm having the same problem.

Reply #91
That usually means you don't have the latest components, make sure you have the latest ColumnsUI as well as the last ProjectM dll too.

Reply #92
If you do not see the option for ProjectM under the layout config as depicted above then your ProjectM component is not loaded. This is probably caused by either your ProjectM, ColumnsUI, or Foobar2000 being outdated.

Foobar> File> Preferences> Components

Make Sure you are using atleast Foobar2000 v0.9.2, ColumnsUI v0.1.3 beta 1v5, and ProjectM v0.4. Also, if ProjectM is successfully loaded you should see an entry for ProjectM (Panel) under the Visualization branch of the preferences tree.

Reply #93
Well, I downloaded some presets from http://msu.edu/~singergr/foo_vis_projectm/, put them on the proper folder and restarted foobar. The component's display was messed up (only part of the total available height was being used to show the visualization). I changed to another tab (I'm using the newly ported foo_uie_tabs to alternate between album art and visualization panels) and foobar crashed.

You can "fix" this by changing ProjectM's panel relative position on Columns UI's layout config. (from top to bottom, for instance). This will avoid crashing when alternating between the panel tabs, but when foobar is restarted the previous behavior will resume.

Nothing of this will occur if you don't have ProjectM's visualization inside the tabbed panel stack, so I don't know in what component the problem lies, really (probably in foo_uie_tabs, but it could be a compatibility issue). If you want to take a look, here is the link to foo_uie_tabs (including source code):

http://foobar.s53.xrea.com/up/files/up199.zip

It worked fine with the factory configuration (no presets or fonts).

Anyway, thanks for the good work.

Reply #94
Something else... I have two separated track info panels showing current %playback_time% and %playback_time_remaining%. They stop working when ProjectM visualization is activated.

Reply #95
Where do I add the panel to my Columns UI layout?

Reply #96
Wherever you like thats the beauty of foobar
My Name is Sean and I'm here to leech off your genius.

Reply #97
Where do I add the panel to my Columns UI layout?

you seem to have an old Columns UI, I don't have the "Sidebar" tab in mine. Try update to the newest.
Windows 10 Pro x64 // foobar2000 1.3.10

Reply #98

Great work, this is what i was waiting for

If someone has the time and knowledge (i sure don't have both) could someone use the latest ProjectM files? This plugin is based on an old version.

But that person can take his/her time, i can live perfectly with this one.

edit: I have one thing. The colums plugin for 0.8 stopped the visualisation when playback stopped or paused. This plugin lets the visualisation run and using some CPU. Not very bad, but also not very efficient. An idea to implement it?

that behavior is from the original foo_vis_projectm, I'll try to implement it when I have some more time (and with the latest projectM  ).
Ok i know its a shameless bump, but i think its also a shame to not use the latest version of the ProjectM files. Any change of updating this plugin afterall?
Inter Deum et Diabolum semper Musica est", Tanzwut

Reply #99

Great work, this is what i was waiting for

If someone has the time and knowledge (i sure don't have both) could someone use the latest ProjectM files? This plugin is based on an old version.

But that person can take his/her time, i can live perfectly with this one.

edit: I have one thing. The colums plugin for 0.8 stopped the visualisation when playback stopped or paused. This plugin lets the visualisation run and using some CPU. Not very bad, but also not very efficient. An idea to implement it?

that behavior is from the original foo_vis_projectm, I'll try to implement it when I have some more time (and with the latest projectM  ).
Ok i know its a shameless bump, but i think its also a shame to not use the latest version of the ProjectM files. Any change of updating this plugin afterall?

Acropolis said he had at least in an alpha form revised project m so as to work with the new files.  See first post.  I suggest you contact him to determine where he is in the process.