Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Error trying to play WMA files (Read 3619 times) previous topic - next topic

Error trying to play WMA files

I'm trying to get Foobar v0.9.1 to play some WMA files. They all give me the error:
Code: [Select]
Unable to open item for playback (IWMSyncReader::OpenStream failed (C00D0BBD)):
"C:\MUSIC\My Shared Folder\Depeche Mode - Enjoy the Silence.wma"

Not sure what is causing this. Thanks.

Reply #1
are they DRMed?

Reply #2
are they DRMed?

Hmm... I am not sure. They could be. It is my girlfriends PC. She didn't know any better when ripping all her music using WMP's default settings. I would have never used WMA. I take it that could cause this problem? Thanks.

Reply #3
well DRMed songs are songs that were bought using an online store so if she did that, then there's no way to play then with foobar.

Reply #4
well DRMed songs are songs that were bought using an online store so if she did that, then there's no way to play then with foobar.

I think WMP also adds DRM if you rip using the default settings.  It's been a while since I've had DRMed WMA files, but if you right-click the file in Windows Explorer and check "Properties" -> "Summary" and look at the "Advanced" view, is "Protected" equal to "Yes" if the file has DRM?

Reply #5
(I'm sorry for this message, could a moderator remove it?)
Maciek

Reply #6
Uh shouldn't be DRMed...  I just looked and default rip option has it off.

Dump her anyway.

Reply #7
@machekku:

I realize your trying to be helpful, which is a good thing, but your post is in violation of the Terms of Service of these forums, specifically TOS #9.  Please read them and be more careful in the future.  Thanks.

Reply #8

I think WMP also adds DRM if you rip using the default settings.  It's been a while since I've had DRMed WMA files, but if you right-click the file in Windows Explorer and check "Properties" -> "Summary" and look at the "Advanced" view, is "Protected" equal to "Yes" if the file has DRM?

It doesn't use DRM by default, but she could have turned it on.