Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Plextor 40TS => which speed in EAC ? (Read 3078 times) previous topic - next topic

Plextor 40TS => which speed in EAC ?

which one should I use ?

Actual
17 CAV

?

Reply #1
which one should I use ?

Actual
17 CAV

?

Mine does 17X CAV with no problems, but it is rather new.

If the drive is old and has been used for thousands of hours, the laser might need calibration and unable to rip correctly at the highest speed. You will need to rip and listen.

Reply #2
Hi, from experience. 
I have seen that ultraplex doing really bad.  The older version of ultraplex 40x scsi-2 or 50 pins only does 17x max with audio ripping.
Check out their website for support. 
They called it firmware 1.00 and 1.1 to differentia the two version of ultraplex 40x scsi-2 50 pins.
So.. be CAreful as which one you get, but.. most of the new one is 1.1, so... they are 17x-40x.

Just to be on the safe side, get the ultraplex 40x wide-scsi 68 pins one.  It will definitely do 17x-40x and also the transfer rate double the scsi-2 one.  I think they are pretty cheap now, if you look around.  Definitely worthed.
If you want to rip really fast, use WinDAC, speaking from Past experiences.
I don't know why WinDAC Is not not all that popular, but.. as far as I know it's the fastest ripper that I have ever seen.
EAC is cool, but definitely slower,  I did try burst with EAC, and it's slower than the WinDAC. hehe..
good luck.

Reply #3
Hi, from experience. 
I have seen that ultraplex doing really bad.  The older version of ultraplex 40x scsi-2 or 50 pins only does 17x max with audio ripping.
Check out their website for support. 
They called it firmware 1.00 and 1.1 to differentia the two version of ultraplex 40x scsi-2 50 pins.
So.. be CAreful as which one you get, but.. most of the new one is 1.1, so... they are 17x-40x.

Just to be on the safe side, get the ultraplex 40x wide-scsi 68 pins one.  It will definitely do 17x-40x and also the transfer rate double the scsi-2 one.  I think they are pretty cheap now, if you look around.  Definitely worthed.
If you want to rip really fast, use WinDAC, speaking from Past experiences.
I don't know why WinDAC Is not not all that popular, but.. as far as I know it's the fastest ripper that I have ever seen.
EAC is cool, but definitely slower,  I did try burst with EAC, and it's slower than the WinDAC. hehe..
good luck.

WinDAC isn't safe!!

Thats why it is fast

Reply #4
which one should I use ? Actual 17 CAV

I got the Plextor 32TS and i'm using just 8x (no CAV), i could choose 16x but the noise is just too extreme, i guess cats would die if they would lay down beside my PC when the Plextor 32TS speeds up for maximum ripping speed.  (w00t)
It also seems that the drive itself enjoys the easy going 8x, at higher and even lower speeds i'm having more problems with error corrections.
Those who desire to give up freedom in order to gain security, will not have, nor do they deserve, either one! (Benjamin Franklin)

Reply #5
hm i've got the new version of the plextor drive

what means CAV ?

and whats the difference between CAV and Actual ?