Skip to main content
Topic: CTRL+C (Read 3014 times) previous topic - next topic

CTRL+C

Hello

I am using foobar2000 v0.9.1.
To night I suddenly realised that some of my mp3-files had been modified(SFV CRC-32 incon..) without my knowledge. And it appeared to be because of foobar2000.
I destroyed 5 OR-albums. Just because that I marked a couple of tracks in the playlist and then pressed CTRL+C to copy the titles. So please move or remove the  "rewrite-tags" from the default value of CTRL+C.
... so save some other poor soul the from a huge disaster 

cheers

CTRL+C

Reply #1
Can't you do it yourself?  Prefs -> Display -> Title formatting -> Copy command

Or Prefs -> General -> Keyboard shortcuts

CTRL+C

Reply #2
the default behaviour of ctrl+c inside foobar (and any other software running under windows) is standardized and copies the name(s) of the marked item(s) into the clipboard. it's one of the windows-basics...

CTRL+C

Reply #3
Can't you do it yourself?  Prefs -> Display -> Title formatting -> Copy command

Or Prefs -> General -> Keyboard shortcuts

hehe.. yhea.. I did, when i looked up the source for this problem.. but if someone else like me comes around some day...
I actually took precautions to avoid foobar manipulation my audio-files, removed all the menyes containing tag things/replaygains and so on. I remember in the old foobar version you could block tag-updates.
But regardless a commonly used short-command like CTRL+C should not be used to such a "major-command". Imagine if someone would press CTRL+A and then CTRL+C then thier whole collection would be "destroyed".

CTRL+C

Reply #4
the default behaviour of ctrl+c inside foobar (and any other software running under windows) is standardized and copies the name(s) of the marked item(s) into the clipboard. it's one of the windows-basics...

hmm.. well my CTRL+C was set to  [CONTEXT/PLAYLIST] Rewrite Filetags .. perhaps this could be a setting which has come with ui_columns?

CTRL+C

Reply #5
nope, not here..

CTRL+C

Reply #6
hmm.. well my CTRL+C was set to  [CONTEXT/PLAYLIST] Rewrite Filetags .. perhaps this could be a setting which has come with ui_columns?
The default binding for Ctrl+C is "Copy name(s)". Components cannot change keyboard shortcuts, so unless you copied someone else's configuration file, you must have somehow changed it yourself.

CTRL+C

Reply #7
Ok, well my bet then. Sorry about that.

*hands out beer to everyone involved*

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2019