Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Trouble with 10,000 days. (Read 14640 times) previous topic - next topic

Trouble with 10,000 days.

Reply #25
I'm ripping my brand-new, just opened copy as we type this.  I'll let everyone know how it goes.

I am going to make a theory here:  Perhaps the problems ripping are caused by the packaging?  I've never been a big fan of cases with the paper sleeves.  It's possible that the paper or even the manufacturing equipment used to load the cd into the case are causing some damage.

edit:  Ripped in a 1620, EAC T&C all CRC's match.
"You can fight without ever winning, but never win without a fight."  Neil Peart  'Resist'

Reply #26
Another data point: My copy also ripped just fine in an Asus DVD-E616A.  EAC Test & Copy, all CRCs match.  The rip went quickly too.  I'm giving it a listen now to see if there's any obvious errors.

Reply #27
I haven't had problems ripping the cd, although I will comment that it upsets me that there is audible clipping in various sections on the album.

Reply #28
Could be the pressing since my copy was made in the EU and I had no problems at all.

Reply #29
Lots of problems here too. I bought my copy online from some store in Singapure. I returned the first copy because it was really inaudible. Lots os stutter and pops in every device (computer, and several Hi-Fis). The replacement arrived today, and apparently EAC ripped it successfully, although VERY slowly. I had to resort to my DVD drive though, because my regular CD-ROM drive (a Plextor PX-54TA) was unable to read it, let alone rip it.
I wonder wtf is wrong with this CD. I'm positive it has no copy-protection. It has no logos whatsoever in the case, and none of the Tool CDs ever had. So this must be bad pressing?

Did any of you guys sucessfully ripped it in EAC with Secure mode, with a standard CD-ROM drive?

Dammit, I'm pissed. Tool's one of my favourite bands.

Reply #30
Sorry to bring up an old thread, but I didn't see any resolution to this, and I just encountered the same thing.

I returned my first copy to the store thinking it was defective (and it actually did skip while playing track 8, although there were no visible scratches).  I got a new copy, put it into EAC straight out of the packaging.

I was unable to do a clean rip, it had a read error at 99.9% and aborted.

I turned off "Overread into Lead-In/Lead-Out" and I was able to get a copy.  However, like others mentioned, it was a real slow rip compared to a normal, unblemished CD.

My only thoughts are that it seems to be on the upper-end of the amount of audio data that can be fit on a CD, so that could be introducing complications.

I've been reviewing the audio, and I have not found any audible problems.

Reply #32
I've had the same problem with EAC, with the CD "Human Clay" by Creed.  Every other program seems to just blow through it, but EAC always dies on track 8.  I've tried on 2 different computers with 3 different drives.