Skip to main content
Topic: organize playlists w/ folders or tags in playlist switcher? (Read 2525 times) previous topic - next topic

organize playlists w/ folders or tags in playlist switcher?

is there a way to add folders or tagging (for some sort of search functionality) to the playlist switcher?  I'd like to be able to organize my playlists a bit, nest playlists w/in each other.  I tried out foo_browser and foo_playlist_tree, but if they can do what I want, I haven't figure it out yet.  Any ideas?

Reply #1
for foobar 0.8.3 (haven't tried with 0.9.1):
not exactly what you want I guess, but the album list plugin (available as a panel) displays a tree structure that can be based on tags (not only directory structure), so you could have dynamically generated lists with, eg:
Code: [Select]
languages
  + english
  + german
  + french
  + spanish

or: genres
  + pop
     + 80s
     + 90s
   + rock
     + hard rock
     + grunge

Reply #2
anybody know about getting the album list as a panel in .9.1?  I can get it to open (via preferences) but having a second window open is not preferable to me...Thanks!

Reply #3
is there a way to add folders or tagging (for some sort of search functionality) to the playlist switcher?  I'd like to be able to organize my playlists a bit, nest playlists w/in each other.  I tried out foo_browser and foo_playlist_tree, but if they can do what I want, I haven't figure it out yet.  Any ideas?

Playlist tree will do exactly what you want.  It has a search tool bar which you could search a folder ( or series of nested folders)  consisting of your playlists configured to both sort and display anyway you want.

Reply #5
I suppose the instructions on how to configure it to show the search bar and how to tag files are in the playlist_tree forum thread?

I'll check it out.  Thanks!

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2020