Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Playing DVDs with old soundcard (Read 2856 times) previous topic - next topic

Playing DVDs with old soundcard

hi there,

help!
does anyone know a software with allow you to play DVDs with a kind of sound re-sampling at 44.1kHz for use with an old soundcard???
get used of hearing an awful hiss noise (due to the fact that DVDs are sampled at 48kHz and because i got a pretty old soundcard sampling at 44.1kHz... a soundblaster awe64 -isa!-). i'm not familiar with playing DVDs on PC.

i used powerdvd 3 or windvd 4, said both compatible 

or what is that due to???

thank
thank
thank you.

ciao di:
pipo.

Reply #1
did you try to update your driver?

Reply #2
hi there,

help!
does anyone know a software with allow you to play DVDs with a kind of sound re-sampling at 44.1kHz for use with an old soundcard???
get used of hearing an awful hiss noise (due to the fact that DVDs are sampled at 48kHz and because i got a pretty old soundcard sampling at 44.1kHz... a soundblaster awe64 -isa!-). i'm not familiar with playing DVDs on PC.

i used powerdvd 3 or windvd 4, said both compatible  <_<

or what is that due to???

thank
thank
thank you.

ciao di:
pipo.

Use ZoomPlayer
http://www.inmatrix.com/files/zoomplayer_d..._download.shtml
Enable custom DVD Graph - use PowerDVD or WinDVD
for default Wave Out Device.

Reply #3
yes!

all drivers are lastest available...

inquiring, i discovered that powerdvd and windvd require 48khz capable soundcard.
mine is not.
trying zoomplay tonight...

directx reports in fact sb16 able to play until sampling frequency of 1mhz!!! joke?

is there a driver or update or something that prevent playback over 44.1khz to be sent to the soundcard (which restitute this as terrible noise)?
or restrictive drivers?
or downsampling drivers/plugins?

OR NEVERMIND AFTER ALL!

pipo.

Reply #4

I had this card and I had the similar problem with 48kHz. Morover the sound was very silent. You must turn off 'full duplex' in options. That should help. I discovered it by accident when I was selling my comp

Reply #5
you can use winamp.
there's an ac3 input plugin by valex and ssrc output plugin by pp.

EDIT : above is only relevant for the audio layer, of course.