Skip to main content
Topic: [request] playlists dropdown uie (Read 3865 times) previous topic - next topic

[request] playlists dropdown uie

Could someone make a plugin for columns ui that displays the playlists in a dropdown list? Like this:
[a href="http://img138.imageshack.us/my.php?image=playlists8oe.jpg" target="_blank"]

Reply #1
Hm I like the idea. I'm starting to have too many tabs.
+1

Reply #2
Clever.

Reply #3
I would use something like this; I only keep a few playlists for different purposes and wouldn't mind the extra space.

Reply #4
My thought was that it would help keep the user interface small and not waste too much space on the screen as it does if I use the sidebar playlist switcher. Though playlists in a dropdown would require an additional window to manage the playlists. Stuff like create new, rename, delete etc.

Reply #5
My thought was that it would help keep the user interface small and not waste too much space on the screen as it does if I use the sidebar playlist switcher. Though playlists in a dropdown would require an additional window to manage the playlists. Stuff like create new, rename, delete etc.

Easy enough... just attach those buttons to the dropdown box in the toolbar.

Reply #6
You know, I was just thinking about this last night.  Doesn't seem like it would be that hard to do...

Reply #7

Easy enough... just attach those buttons to the dropdown box in the toolbar.

I don't like to add more controles than the dropdown list, that would clutter the UI imo. Maybe the additional options could be added to a rightclick menu if you right click the dropdown. I don't know if that is possible but if someone disides to create this plugin maybe this person could answer that. 

Reply #8
I thought a little more people would show interest in this.

Reply #10
wow, i'm looking always after such a program, i thought it does already exist!

but i would use it too, it cant be so difficult 

do it fast, i need it

Reply #11
I would like something like this.

The thing I used to do was to use the playlist switcher, but resize it to only 1 line. That made it awkward to use though..

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2019