Skip to main content
Topic: [plug-in request] a gain & preamp for each freq on the EQ type thi (Read 1926 times) previous topic - next topic

[plug-in request] a gain & preamp for each freq on the EQ type thi

i don't how realistic this is, so bear with me.

here's the deal. i like to turn up the bass using the equalizer, but there's a problem: some songs are mastered with little bass and need a big boost while other songs are mastered with heavy bass and don't any boost, and of course there are songs in between. so a song will come on that has little bass and it sounds better with the boost, but then a bass-heavy song will come on and the bass will be too loud with the boost.

what i'd like to have happen: just like replaygain scans songs and determines their volume, i want a plug-in that will scan the songs, but scan each frequency on the EQ seperately and determine each 'effect' so to speak. then i'd like to be able to set the volume (or whatever it is) for each freq (like the preamp) so that songs with light bass will have the appropriate freqs turned up for a nice bass boost, and the songs with heavy bass can be turned down at the appropriate freqs so that all songs have the same level of bass.

but i dont know if this is even possible. thoughts?

Reply #1
I think you can use the convolver to do this.

Reply #2
i just checked out the convolver, and while it can be cool, it's not quite what i'm looking for.

Reply #3
I would like this too.  Like the ability to save an EQ setting to each track.

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2020