Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: id3 tags recognize in WMP10 usng EAC/lame (Read 2172 times) previous topic - next topic

id3 tags recognize in WMP10 usng EAC/lame

okay...yes...newbie...thanks for all the excellent posts...i have lurked for about 3 solid days....

i am using EAC .95b4 & lame3.97b2 (with accuraterip) and am wonderfully happy with the sound...i havent dealt with command line code and the like since 1985 so that was fun...

but how can i get the id3 tags to work as normal...ie in WMP10 so i (meaning especially my wife) can use that overly simple and very bloated peice of code to play the newly created mp3's and have them organized just like the ones she has already downloaded ( & yes i know how inferior that is) and already in that library....everything i need to know is in the title but not seperately identifiable...i dont want to enter the tag info manually...i have seen a couple of old threads but with these new distros i want to make sure i am not missing anything....(oh & if that is in foobar2000 my apologies but again its a wife thing & i am stuck with WMP10)...

thanks.....

Reply #1
this might be my problem i am not sure....

i have this in my log:

Used output format : C:\Program Files\Exact Audio Copy\lame.exe  (User Defined Encoder)
                    128 kBit/s
                    Additional command line options : -V 4 --vbr-new --add-id3v2-only --pad-id3v2 --ta "%a" --tt "%t" --tg  "%m" --t1 "%g" --ty  "%y" --tn "%n" %s %d

in the compression options i have use extension .mp3 but the file saved as a .wav as in EAC music library\Garth Brooks\Sevens\Garth Brooks - Sevens -01 - Longneck Bottle.wav

so did the mp3 tag info go away with the .wav file & why did it save as a .wav & not .mp3?....thanks......(new to mp3 world also)....thanks again

Reply #2
                     Additional command line options : -V 4 --vbr-new --add-id3v2-only --pad-id3v2 --ta "%a" --tt "%t" --tg  "%m" --t1 "%g" --ty  "%y" --tn "%n" %s %d

It should be :

--tl "%g"

Reply #3
oh thank you thank you thanks....

i would never have seen that "L" or "one" issue...but it works now....hint for newbies...it does make sense to save the result file....makes for a lot more easier trouble shooting..

can i thanks again!!!!....