Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Eac Wont Detect My Drives! (Read 3857 times) previous topic - next topic

Eac Wont Detect My Drives!

Man this sux, whenever i fire EAC it will only display the generic dvd drive of daemon tools, already uninstalled it, runned norton windoctor to clean the registry and still i cant see my plextor 24x. I need serious help here

Reply #1
I had trouble with this when I used Adaptec's latest ASPI drivers.  I went back to ForceASPI's version, 4.60 I believe, and then EAC worked fine again.
Every passing minute is another chance to turn it all around.

Reply #2
Adaptec's 4.60 ASPI drivers work great for me under Win98 and Win2k; 4.70 has caused me some issues under both OS's so I went back to 4.60.
God kills a kitten every time you encode with CBR 320

Reply #3
I'll second (or third) that w/ forceaspi.  I'm running win xp pro sp 1 and adaptec's aspi 4.7x is totally botched.  Forceaspi works terrific for me.

-Jeff

Reply #4
I'll second (or third) that w/ forceaspi.  I'm running win xp pro sp 1 and adaptec's aspi 4.7x is totally botched.  Forceaspi works terrific for me.

-Jeff

I fourth that. Win XP. But instead of downgrading to ASPI 4.60, i chose to install ASAPI, the alternative ASPI layer.

Reply #5
try adding the wnaspi32.dll to your EAC folder. http://www.nero.com/en/index.html#download
example C:\Program Files\Exact Audio Copy <---place it here

Reply #6
Damn! Same problem by me. EAC just detects virtual drives or drives, which are not connected with an Audio-cable to my soundcard.

Usually I don't need such a cable, because I always rip and never hear Audio before ripping. But because of this problem, that EAC don't want to detect my drives, I build in one to test my drive - and I can listen to music from the drive with WinAMP... But EAC doesn't believe, that there's a drive with an Audio-CD

Even Nero accepts my CDs and is able to save tracks.

wnaspi.dll can't be downloaded from nero.com. ftp://ftp6.nero.com/wnaspi32.dll is unreachable for the moment.

Any ideas? I wonder why EAC suddenly doesn't work... I installed daemon tools long time ago, and I could rip fine... I didn't install any aspi-drivers since then...

Hope, I can rip again, so fast as possible
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Wenn jemand Mitgefühl braucht - ich kann's vorheucheln

Reply #7
I'm a happy Adaptec's ASPI user with the help of a single registry key. Combination of WinXP, EAC, latest ASPI and this works fine here.

Reply #8
I'll try this Aspifix too. Tanks.

But my EAC is working now. I found the wnaspi.dll from Nero, and copied it to EAC. Yet it didn't work, but after clicking "use installed external Aspi-Interface" in EAC-Options, my drives showed the songtitles under EAC again.

So I can rip now  but I hope, I'll have no disadvantages with "external Aspi-Interface", instead of "native Win32-Interface"...
Any comments to that of other users, using these settings?

And there is still one thing not working: EAC can't connect to the host of CDDB-database. Hope the reason for this is the CDDB-Server, not my EAC....

Reply #9
Ok, I have no problems any more... right present for christmas... 

EAC is working fine, as it did before. Aspi-drivers seems to be important under WinXP, and is seems, that they often cause problems...

For all having the same problem:

Download Asapi.exe from e.g. http://www.vob.de/de/Downloads.htm
With this ASAPI Interface, u'll have no problems any more, as far as u change win32-Interface to Aspi-Interface in EAC-Options...

bye