Skip to main content
Topic: foo_customdb: Custom Database (Read 60622 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_customdb: Custom Database

Reply #100
After reinstalling foobar I found out that custom fields and actions are not saved in the theme back up (.fcl). Fortunately I took notes of what I had done and was able to restore everything, but I wonder if it is possible to save them some how.
I'm late

Reply #101
like all components which are not layout related and have settings accessed through the main preferences, there is a .cfg file for it inside the configuration folder.

Reply #102
like all components which are not layout related and have settings accessed through the main preferences, there is a .cfg file for it inside the configuration folder.

Thanks. So, can I just copy and overwrite the .cfg file in the new configuration folder?
I'm late

Reply #103

Thanks. So, can I just copy and overwrite the .cfg file in the new configuration folder?

Alright, I tried it with another component and it works.
I'm late

Re: foo_customdb: Custom Database

Reply #104
foo_customdb still regularly crashes during titleformatting queries, so I spent the weekend looking into the foobar2000 SDK.

I managed to rig up a proof-of-concept component that can query the SQLite database inside metadb_display_field_provider.process_field without crashing (knock on wood).  Unfortunately, I'm seeing a LOT of SQLite 21 errors with my alternate titleformatting field as I open and close the database inside process_field, but they do not appear to affect the integrity of titleformatting search results as I have occasionally seen with foo_customdb's titleformatting field.

I suspect foo_customdb's crashes may be a result of not using sqlite3_column_bytes() to find the size of the previous call to sqlite3_column_text() as described on https://www.sqlite.org/c3ref/column_blob.html

Re: foo_customdb: Custom Database

Reply #105
I can't wait for the results. I've been waiting years for a proper replacement of custom_db, nothing comes close.

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2020