Skip to main content
Topic: Developer Tutorials (Read 112110 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Developer Tutorials

Reply #50
I am having a problem with atl. I've installed the wtl and successfully compiled(and run) foo_sample. But I'm not able to make it work in a solution made from scratch. I added all the files from foo_sample to the solution, next set up the linker and added all the projects from sdk. It compiles fine, but when running in foobar I'm getting 'Internel error - one or more of the installed components have been damaged. How can I make it work?

Reply #51
Have you added the required references under "Frameworks and references"? Right click the project "Solution explorer" and choose "References...". You'll need to add at least pfc, foobar2000_component_client and foobar2000_SDK. Most projects will additionally need foobar2000_sdk_helpers and foobar2000_ATL_helpers.

I'm not entirely sure what the error message means but it sounds like the DLL might lack the proper entrypoint function. This in turn would indicate that foobar2000_component_client is not linked into the DLL.

Reply #52
Perhaps it is a mismatched name to the component filename verification service, versus installing the component to the Application\components folder instead of Configuration\user-components\foo_component_name?

Also, that service is always a good idea if you ever care about receiving crash reports, as it can be bothersome loading minidumps where the DLLs have been renamed from your original build filenames.

Reply #53
Perhaps it is a mismatched name to the component filename verification service, versus installing the component to the Application\components folder instead of Configuration\user-components\foo_component_name?

Also, that service is always a good idea if you ever care about receiving crash reports, as it can be bothersome loading minidumps where the DLLs have been renamed from your original build filenames.
I wouldn't think that that service exists! Thanks for the help.

Reply #54
VALIDATE_COMPONENT_FILENAME is the macro, it declares an implementation of the component validation service, styled to check your filename on disk. It can be expanded through more complex means to perform more thorough verification, although filename is usually all you need to care about for minidump concerns.

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2018