Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_sendtodevice (Read 179048 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_sendtodevice

Reply #25
hi

I need help with your Plugin. Every time foobar starts I get this message: "ERROR (CORE) : Failed to load DLL: foo_sendtodevice.dll, reason: Unable to load DLL."

I don't know what to do. I have installed the .NET Framework 2.0 and tried to extract the DLLs from the Link of start78 but it still don't work. Any suggestions?

(Sorry for mistakes in my text. I'm from Germany)

foo_sendtodevice

Reply #26
Hello it's me again.

I have this album named  'It all starts here...' it seems whenever I try to upload it I get this message:
'(Path) refers to a location that is unavailable...' but obviously I have my mp3 plugged correctly. So I guess the three dots on the name of the album are making trouble.

Could this be fixed or should I avoid tag album names with two or more dots?

foo_sendtodevice

Reply #27
Another nice plugin, cwbowron

Feat. request: Would an option be possible to work together with the encoding presets in the converter tool?
That way people could set a bitrate limit to downsample when uploading the tracks!
I.e.: If bitrate is 150% higher than encoding preset, downsample.
Or: If bitrate is higher than x kBps, convert.
Maybe a list of file formats should also be converted automatically, for those DAPs that don't support AACs etc...

Cheers
eph

foo_sendtodevice

Reply #28
AWESOME. Thanks so much for this component! I recently picked up a usb mp3 player (a 4GB samsung yp-z5 if you're curious), and the ability to do drag & drop UMS transfers was probably the biggest selling point for me. I'm thrilled that I can do it with the click of a custom button in foobar

keep up the good work

foo_sendtodevice

Reply #29
AWESOME. Thanks so much for this component! I recently picked up a usb mp3 player (a 4GB samsung yp-z5 if you're curious), and the ability to do drag & drop UMS transfers was probably the biggest selling point for me. I'm thrilled that I can do it with the click of a custom button in foobar

keep up the good work

Thanks... Thats's why I built it and why I made sure I found an mp3 player capable of doing UMS transfers.  I was surprised at how few allow you to do that... I got an Archos Gmini xs202...
There used to be a link to my website here.

foo_sendtodevice

Reply #30
Hello it's me again.

I have this album named  'It all starts here...' it seems whenever I try to upload it I get this message:
'(Path) refers to a location that is unavailable...' but obviously I have my mp3 plugged correctly. So I guess the three dots on the name of the album are making trouble.

Could this be fixed or should I avoid tag album names with two or more dots?

The Problem is the windows explorer. If you want sendtodevice to create a folder with three dots in the end i think it tells windows explorer to do so but windows explorer can't. Try that manually and you understand it. Maybe this would be a suggestion for the next version of sendtodevice: remove finishing dots for folder names or change them to underlines.
<edit>just mentioned that this is already on the feature request list</edit>

Adding %list_index% support would also be nice!

foo_sendtodevice

Reply #31
The Problem is the windows explorer. If you want sendtodevice to create a folder with three dots in the end i think it tells windows explorer to do so but windows explorer can't. Try that manually and you understand it. Maybe this would be a suggestion for the next version of sendtodevice: remove finishing dots for folder names or change them to underlines.
<edit>just mentioned that this is already on the feature request list</edit>

Adding %list_index% support would also be nice!

I added %list_index% to the feature requests too...

to the original poster:
As a workaround, you could set up your device path from foo to $replace(foo,...,_) and it might work.

foo_sendtodevice

Reply #32
Release 1.0.4
New Features

* Convert ... to ___ in filenames
    * %list_index%

foo_sendtodevice

Reply #33
I have multiple destinations. How can I select it in the contextmenu? I see only "Default"

Code: [Select]
F:\Auto\$num(%list_index%,3) - %artist% - %title%.$ext(%_path%)
U:\%artist% - %album%\%track% - %artist% - %title%.$ext(%_path%)
Z:\Music\%artist%\%album%\%title%.$ext(%_path%)

foo_sendtodevice

Reply #34
Hi,
just a simple question: With which versions of foobar is this plugin supposed to be compatible?

Regards
johnb

foo_sendtodevice

Reply #35
Compatible with the 0.9.x serie so with 0.9; 0.9.1; and 0.9.2 beta

foo_sendtodevice

Reply #36
I have multiple destinations. How can I select it in the contextmenu? I see only "Default"

No one a hint?

foo_sendtodevice

Reply #37

You can't.

You select "Send to Device\Select..." and choose from the list there.  Only the default path is available directly from the context menu.

foo_sendtodevice

Reply #38
Thanks for this great plugin!

Is it possible to to:

1) Randomly select songs to send to the device (like itunes does with the ipod shuffle); and to
2) Place a filesize limit on the random selection?

I have a 512mb card on my phone, and it would be great if I could send approximately 400mb to my phone of randomly selected songs.

foo_sendtodevice

Reply #39
Thanks for this great plugin!

Is it possible to to:

1) Randomly select songs to send to the device (like itunes does with the ipod shuffle); and to
2) Place a filesize limit on the random selection?

I have a 512mb card on my phone, and it would be great if I could send approximately 400mb to my phone of randomly selected songs.

Not with this plugin alone, but it possible using other plugins such as playlist tree that can generate a playlist of random songs with a maximum total file size.  After you generate the playlist you can use sendtodevice to copy the files over.

Here is an example playlist tree query to do this:

http://foobar.bowron.us/mp3_player_filler.png

foo_sendtodevice

Reply #40
Thanks for the quick reply! Works perfectly.

foo_sendtodevice

Reply #41
Failed to load DLL: foo_sendtodevice.dll
Reason: This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem.

EDIT: problem fixed by installing .NET 2.0

foo_sendtodevice

Reply #42
One Suggestion for your plugin:

Some Players support only FAT16 but can handle 1GB (perhaps also 2GB) memory cards. If you want to fill these cards you have to sort your files in folders because there can't be more than about 90 files in the root directory.

As long as you only copy complete albums it's no problem to create a folder for each album. But what if you have a totaly mixed playlist?

My idea is to let the plugin create a folder for each 80 files. For example like this: sendtodevice creates a folder named "01" and copies the files in there. If there are 80 files in "01", sendtodevice automaticaly creates a folder "02"...

Perhaps with a parameter like $foldersplit(80) or something like that.

foo_sendtodevice

Reply #43
One Suggestion for your plugin:

Some Players support only FAT16 but can handle 1GB (perhaps also 2GB) memory cards. If you want to fill these cards you have to sort your files in folders because there can't be more than about 90 files in the root directory.

As long as you only copy complete albums it's no problem to create a folder for each album. But what if you have a totaly mixed playlist?

My idea is to let the plugin create a folder for each 80 files. For example like this: sendtodevice creates a folder named "01" and copies the files in there. If there are 80 files in "01", sendtodevice automaticaly creates a folder "02"...

Why not just use something like

$upper($left(%artist%,1))|bla bla

to create a top level directory with artists first letters or something...

foo_sendtodevice

Reply #44
My porty would go crazy because it plays the songs in the order they have been copied to the device. There would be a real mess if the first, the third and some other files where in the first folder, the fourth and the second in the next and so on.

Copying the files in the same order as they appear in the playlist is my only reason for using sendtodevice instead of the build in file operations -> move, rename or copy files. Even if i have to copy some dlls to the foobar directory (wich complicates the use of sendtodevice).

I can work around by creating a folder in windows explorer, copy some files there, create the next...

foo_sendtodevice

Reply #45

If you are sending the files over all at once, and need it split into folders with at most 80 files, you can use something like:

c:\$num($div(%list_index%,80),2)\%artist%-%title%

to split it up.

foo_sendtodevice

Reply #46
What about MP3 players that are playsforsure compatible?  I can't find a drive letter for mine using Disk Management or anything.  How would I transfer to one of those?

BTW, it does show up in My Computer, but doesnt have a drive letter

i'm pretty sure this is my problem as well... anyone know if Dell DJ is playsforsure? if so, is there any update on a way i could get this component to work?

foo_sendtodevice

Reply #47
This component is damn great. Good thing I realised that there was a trick to run my iRiver H10 20GB in UMS mode instead of it's default MTP mode. Now I don't have to keep on going into my MP3 directory just to copy albums over to my iRiver, I can just do it while I'm listening to my music in Foobar.

Cheers, I really appreciate the component.

foo_sendtodevice

Reply #48
Hi,
this is a great plugin, but it takes pretty long to copy the files I want to my mp3 player.
I don't know if a feature like this exists but I think a feature that copys a whole playlist on my mp3 player would be great.

EDIT: I forgot to add that setting a mb limit would be really nice along with this feature.

foo_sendtodevice

Reply #49
this is a great plugin, but it takes pretty long to copy the files I want to my mp3 player.
I don't know if a feature like this exists but I think a feature that copys a whole playlist on my mp3 player would be great.

Select all the files in the playlist you want to send and right click and choose send to device, or if you have playlist tabs visible you can right click on a playlist tab and send all the files in the playlist.