Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: [0.9 RC] RG tags within FLAC images are ignored (Read 2438 times) previous topic - next topic

[0.9 RC] RG tags within FLAC images are ignored

I've tried to read my CD FLAC images with fb2k 0.9RC and it seems RG information is ignored (my FLAC files contains the tags ARTIST, ALBUM, DATE, GENRE, CUESHEET and replaygain tag).
I decided to do on the same file a replaygain scan with fb2k 0.9. It works but the file structure is then changed. Lots of TRACK_CUExx are created, what is the exact purpose of these ?
Also The RG information is now contained within the cuesheet for each track.

Do I need to rewrite replaygain information for each of my FLAC file ? Of so, it's not very convenient as my collection is quite big, I still don't understand why fb2k 0.9 doesn't process RG information that fb2k 0.8.3 does.

Thanks for your help

Reply #1
foobar2000 0.9 handles embedded cue sheets differently than 0.8.3, because cue sheet support was rewritten from scratch for 0.9 (and by a different person even).

Reply #2
Lots of TRACK_CUExx are created, what is the exact purpose of these ?

Yes, could someone please explain what exactly the idea(benefit) is behind adding the CUE_TRACK tags instead of just using the embedded cuesheet for adding or editing entries ?  I have asked this before without getting an answer, so i thought that i would try again to see if i maybe get lucky this time...

Edit: I'm guesing that the whole idea about it, is to be able to add track specific tags like different genres for each track etc. but then i just don't understand why the CUE_TRACK tags aren't only made when track specific tags are made. Also i would think that track specific tagging could be done easilly with REM statements in the embedded cuesheet just like is done with the Replaygain values(track gain).