Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Requesting: foo_save_file (Read 3652 times) previous topic - next topic

Requesting: foo_save_file

I have to be able to save the file i'm listening to at work. We use windows media player at work for the moment because we can save files there but we want to use fb2k instead (mutliple DSP-plugins at the same time and nice keyboard shortcuts).

To save files within the player is the only way to save the file because of a realy badly designed system.

Is it possible to make a plugin that solves that problem?

Reply #1
You want to save a stream? I think there's a plugin called something like http save stream that does that, do a search in ha.
Best audio player for the power user: foobar2000

Reply #3
How about "File operations" > "Move, rename or copy files" ? (foobar 0.9)

This should allow you to copy the file using a destination path of your choice.

Edit: 0.8.3 : "Masstagger" > "Move, rename or copy files"
I'm on a horse.

Reply #4
Move, rename or copy files is not exactly what i was looking for. I just want a plain and simple "Save file" dialog where i can enter the filename and press save.

Reply #5
Move, rename or copy files is not exactly what i was looking for. I just want a plain and simple "Save file" dialog where i can enter the filename and press save.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=368276"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

How about pressing and holding ctrl and drag n' dropping the file in an windows explorer window opened in your desired target folder?
Note: maybe you need some plugin to do so, eg: foo_utils?
Best audio player for the power user: foobar2000

Reply #6
No. I want a simple Save As-menu as in WMP.

Reply #7
Well ... you seem to have quite a concrete idea of how things should work. If the proposed different ways of achieving the same thing don't please you why don't you simply use wmp then? Nobody claimed that foobar2000 is able to make everyone happy.

Reply #8
foobar makes me happy. WMP makes me not.
I just want that save file as menu as a pugin.