Skip to main content
Topic: playcount removes Albumart from Id3V2 tags after (Read 4428 times) previous topic - next topic

playcount removes Albumart from Id3V2 tags after

I recogniced today after rechecking all my tags that Foobar is deleting the albumart tag after the song was played. That's more than ugly.

I am using following Components/Plugins (all newest Final/Beta)

Foobar 0.92
Converter 1.0.1
Flac Decoder 1.10
Masstagger 1.5
ReplayGain Scanner 2.0.1
MusicBrowser 1.2.1
freedb tagger 0.5.1
Album List 3.2.0
Lyric Show Panels 0.3.0.0
PlayCount 1.9.2
AlbumArt Panel 0.175
CD Audio decoder 2.1
Pretty Popup 1.2.3
Playlist Dropdown 0.5.7.5
ABX comparator 1.3
Winamp API Emulator 0.90
ZIP/GZip Reader 1.0
Trackinfo Panel 0.8
Tabbed panel modifyed 0.2.0
Columns UI 0.1.3 beta 1v5
RAR Reader 1.1
Special file Infobox 2.0.3
Quick Serach Toolbar 2.8f
Standard DSP array 1.0
Standrad input array 1.0

Some hints? This way Foobar is unusable for me. Imagining that foobar is deleting albumart from 25.000 songs
Ciao
Thomas

Reply #1
It's probably playcount that's doing it. Each time a song plays, playcount records a new tag (LAST_PLAYED) with the current date and time. Unfotunately foobar doesn't support tagged albumart frames, so it is removed when a file tag is updated.

Reply #2
I am sure that this is related to foo_playcount (the unofficial one) updating the file tags to write the play count field. If the files in question are MP3, I suspect that foobar2000 does not delete the album art, but converts the ID3v2 tag to version 2.4.0 which your other software cannot read (correctly).

Reply #3
You are right, reason is the foo_playcount component. By the way also the tags Artist, Year, Track, are removed (transformed to 2.4.0), and the Genre Tag is changed (example: Rock ->Rock/Folk) regarding to Tag&Rename(not removed).
After retagging the Genre-Tag with T&R to 'Rock' the component foo_infobox and the Properties option in Foobar still shows the genre tag 'Rock/Folk'. Reloading the Tags in Foobar brings up the same result.

Very confusing

OT:  I am using Tag&Rename, which reads IMHO 2.4.0 tags correctly; the tags are not shown anymore after playing a song. So it seams these tags are removed (not transformed to 2.4.0) but somewhere else stored in Foobar, possible?
Ciao
Thomas

Reply #6
It would probably be a better practice to ask the developer of T&R to upgrade to a 5 year old standard and join the rest of the world in adopting unicode and UTF8 instead of insisting programs like foobar continue to add hacks and patches to continually support outdated formats.

But as Mr. Giacomelli indicated you can use the outdated foobar v0.8.3 to write your outdated ID3v2.3 tags.

Reply #7
I agree with you, but it is not only T&R also MP3Tag (enabled write 2.40 tags) has this problem. Writing a genre tag in ID3v2.4.0 with MP3Tag is not appearing in foobar. So it seams to me that most of the 'famous' tagging programs have this problem.
Ciao
Thomas

Reply #8
Why are you tagging with those programs?
hi

Reply #9
Simply because i am used to them, they also have some nice features which are missing in foobar. Foobar isn't my first choice regarding listening to music because of reason like the one discussed here and others of course, like 'speed'.
Ciao
Thomas

Reply #10
I have had this same problem too, and I believe that foobar converts my tags, because they show up in itunes when i.  but they won't show up anywhere else(foobar, mp3tag , the godfather tagger)

im guessing that there a different classification of tag.  are these the IMHO tags that were talked about earlier?

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2020