Skip to main content
Topic: using vs2005 and 0.8 sdk? (Read 2958 times) previous topic - next topic

using vs2005 and 0.8 sdk?

Hi, creating a plugin for my the logitech g15 keyboard that will link to foobar. However, my production environment is visual studio 2005 pro. i tried opening the default workspace in the sdk, and tried to convert all the subprojects, but about half failed. and of course doing a build after that failed.

so I created a blank workspace, and just added pfc  (as it is stated it has no dependancy), made the target a DLL, and just tried compiling that. however i got 3 errors. i can recode the errors so it works, but there is also ~10 deprecated warning messages.

anyone got any tips? cheers

Reply #1
Hi, creating a plugin for my the logitech g15 keyboard that will link to foobar. However, my production environment is visual studio 2005 pro. i tried opening the default workspace in the sdk, and tried to convert all the subprojects, but about half failed. and of course doing a build after that failed.

so I created a blank workspace, and just added pfc  (as it is stated it has no dependancy), made the target a DLL, and just tried compiling that. however i got 3 errors. i can recode the errors so it works, but there is also ~10 deprecated warning messages.

[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=354692"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

The deprecations they added are a damn pain in the posterior (especially for people like me who like builds to be warning-free).  I recommend just adding _CRT_SECURE_NO_DEPRECATE (for the warnings about things like printf) and/or _CRT_NONSTDC_NO_DEPRECATE (for the other deprecation warnings) to the each project's preprocessor defines.

Reply #2
Oh nice, I'm thinking of coding a G15 app talking to the Foobar too.

Reply #3

[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=354692"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

The deprecations they added are a damn pain in the posterior (especially for people like me who like builds to be warning-free).  I recommend just adding _CRT_SECURE_NO_DEPRECATE (for the warnings about things like printf) and/or _CRT_NONSTDC_NO_DEPRECATE (for the other deprecation warnings) to the each project's preprocessor defines.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=355239"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

It is actually easier to just select all the projects in the solution explorer, and then goto their properties, then goto Configuration Properties, C/C++, Advanced, and put in the error numbers in "Disable specific warnings", I only have 4996 in there right now.

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2020