Skip to main content
Topic: [Request]Plugin like SneakyAmp for foobar? (Read 3937 times) previous topic - next topic

[Request]Plugin like SneakyAmp for foobar?

SneakyAmp is found at http://joebott.com

But basically i'm looking for a plugin that will interpret keystrokes typed in any application for commands like:

//play <song substring>\\

or something simular.
This plugin has been my only reason for sticking with winamp for a long time now, i'd like to be able to move on

Reply #1
Doesn't sound like a plugin, but instead like a job for a seperate program which would log keystrokes, and execute commandline-actions or global-key combos upon triggering.

- Lyx
I am arrogant and I can afford it because I deliver.

Reply #2
AutoHotkey might be able to do this on the global level desired. It's pretty nifty... I used it to "fake" analog input on Super Mario Kart once.

Reply #3
yes, it can be done with a third-party program, but it's not efficient to make it open each file through shell, so you'd have to make it directly interface with foobar anyway.

if you click the link you see that it was done for winamp with a plugin:)

Reply #4
yes, it can be done with a third-party program, but it's not efficient to make it open each file through shell, so you'd have to make it directly interface with foobar anyway.
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Why is it "not efficient"?

You can do way more via CLI-arguments than you probably asume:
[a href="http://wiki.hydrogenaudio.org/index.php?title=Foobar2000:Commandline_Guide]http://wiki.hydrogenaudio.org/index.php?ti...mmandline_Guide[/url]

And if that isn't enough, you can bind ANY menu-command to some weird global hotkey combination, and then let the seperate program execute those hotkey-combos.

Reply #5
i concede, i did not know about that ^, however you just proved my point.

Run foobar, start playing a song, then go into command prompt and do

foobar.exe /add <songname>

on my 3.2ghz processor it takes a significant amount of time. (in comparison with just dragging the song onto the playlist or adding it otherwise.

this overhead will add up per song, so if i want to add 10 songs it will take several seconds.

now try adding 100 songs by other means.

Reply #6
Current solution: none. You'll have to live with the overhead

Future solution: faster access via COM is in the works

Reply #7
thanks. that's all i was looking for ;-)

what do you mean by "COM"?

Reply #9
Couldn't you use OLE/DDE/other weird MS technology to emulate drag and drop? (The way explorer tells foobar to add the files you drop on it) If this is so much faster?

Reply #10
possibly. what exactly are you referring to? never heard of it. do you have a link to where you read this?

Reply #11
Some info on the MSDN here

It's quite technical, you need to be a programmer familiar with win32 programming to implement something like this.

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2019