Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Health: Ways To Be More Resistant To Cold Or Flu? (Read 7418 times) previous topic - next topic

Health: Ways To Be More Resistant To Cold Or Flu?

Reply #25
The scientific knowledge supports the following in strengthening human immuno-response:

Zinc (e.g. zinc gluconate, don't overuse over long periods, will mess up your cell chrome levels)

Echinacea  (fluid extracts diluted in alcohol absorb the fastest, don't overuse the alcohol part  )

Ascorbic acid aka Vitamin C (pref. time released. c. 500 mg will saturate blood serum)

Asetylic-salisylic Acid aka Aspirin non-buffered (half a tab will do, don't overuse, can cause stomach ulcer/intestinal bleeding if used over long periods of time)

Garlic (Allicin being the principal active agent, fresh garlic is the best bet)

Ginger (gingerols being active agents, esp good for viral outbreaks with associated joint pains/inflamations)

B-vitamin multi-formula (some B-vitamins needed for synergistic effect others have immuno strengthenig effects, namely B6, B12 and folic acid)

Also, regulating your non-diuretic fluid intake and keeping your body temperature non-regulated pharmatically (i.e. no ibuprofen or other fever reducing medicine, if you actually fall ill) will help you recover faster.

Non-diuretic means that it does not increase your fluid outtake (i.e. need to go to the bathroom). Alcohol, coffee, tea, beverages and many highly processed fluids can contain diuretic agents. Good bet is plain water or fruit/vegetable juices.

If you follow this formula and have a decent basic aerobic and cardiovascular condition, it is highly likely you will go for years or decades without catching a single flu that really brindgs you down with fever.

You will catch flus, but your body will adapt, repel and form a resistance to the strains extremely quick, without you having to go through a long period of sickness. You probably won't get a fever or have to be away from work or other activities.

Then again, sometimes it's good to fall sick for a while as it can do wonders to the psyche (after you've healed, that is)

regards,
Halcyon

Reply #26
...I think this is why I have not been ill for well over 10 years, not even a single cold!

Hope you give yourself a little "knock on wood." 

voltron

Touch wood

Reply #27
Looks like I'll have to live with it, and hope my body adapts and becomes stronger...

Pity that thing about not taking any body temperature regulating medicines... Paracetamol with caffeine was my best friend for going through the worst moments...

Oh, well, I guess I'll have to save it as the last resort.

Juices, kiwis, strength of will... Ready to go through it!

I'll post how it's going in 6 months... I know you will all be dying with expectation!

(I'll still keep an eye on this thread for more tips!)

Reply #28
@Halcyon:

What a thoroughly useful reply!

That's right up there with kuro5hin.org quality.

Ruairi
rc55.com - nothing going on

Reply #29
Boys (and girls) you are really scaring me. I'm also from Spain and may be living in Netherlands too in a few months (work and all that). Does that mean I'm going to suffer those terrible colds Kblood is talking about?   
Now I'm hoping they don't give me the job. 

Reply #30
Well, I didn't say they were terrible, they just are a little too frequent, and that's kind of bothering me...

But coming here to work is a good idea!