Skip to main content
Topic: Wavpack speaker selection (Read 2234 times) previous topic - next topic

Wavpack speaker selection

ello again,
ive just converted a song (blink 182 - Feeling This) from a wavpack image (embedded quesheet) to an mp3 file (3.97 beta 2) using foobar 2000 (--alt-preset extreme - %d).

The beginning few seconds of the song have a guitar solo, when i play the wavpack version in foobar, the solo plays thru both speakers, but when i play the mp3 version (preset extreme) in foobar, it swoops from the left to the right speaker..

when i convert the wavpack file to a mp3 file (standard preset) the solo doesnt swoop either, so it seems the 'extreme' preset is causing the swoop...

therefore am i using the correct lame 3.97 beta 2 preset for foobar: --alt-preset extreme - %d              ??
i cant get the -v2 thing to work!

obviously the standard and extreme preset mp3 files should sound the same, so am i missing a setting in foobar?

Cheers
Matt

Reply #1
therefore am i using the correct lame 3.97 beta 2 preset for foobar: --alt-preset extreme - %d              ??
i cant get the -v2 thing to work!
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=361521"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Make sure you are using -V2 and not -v2. You could also try using --vbr-new as well to see if it makes a difference in the sweeping sound.

Reply #2
THANK YOU! that worked, looks like i cant copy and paste correctly!

cheers
Matt

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2019