Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.

Poll

Where Are You From?

USA
[ 39 ] (18.7%)
Canada
[ 8 ] (3.8%)
Central or South America
[ 13 ] (6.2%)
Western Europe
[ 102 ] (48.8%)
Eastern Europe
[ 27 ] (12.9%)
Asia
[ 12 ] (5.7%)
Australia
[ 7 ] (3.3%)
Africa, Antartica, etc.
[ 1 ] (0.5%)

Total Members Voted: 228

Topic: Where Are You From? (Read 22525 times) previous topic - next topic

Where Are You From?

Reply #125
Toronto, Canada

And a few years ago it would be Moscow, Russia

And I would not combine USA and Canada as "flloyd" suggested,
we are two different countries and we don't have that president here.
Her Magesty Elizabeth II is our Queen! + some very funny prime-minister... 
Hello to all brothers and sisters in Australia

P.S. Sorry for rough language here, if anyone wants to laugh a lot, plz go to
www.altavista.com and search for "dumb motherfucker".. see who comes up
first 
My endian is bigger than yours.

Where Are You From?

Reply #126
But why don't you have any objection to me combining Western Europe together which is what? 15 countries. 
Sorry, I have nothing witty to say here.

Where Are You From?

Reply #127
Hi y'all!

I'm from Deva, 'shithole' Romania. But not for long now... Dammn...

Where Are You From?

Reply #128
first 

AHAHAHAHAH

Great! I couldn't agree more. 

Where Are You From?

Reply #129
But why don't you have any objection to me combining Western Europe together which is what? 15 countries.

Hm.... May be I do... but Europe is EUROPE, but when people say North America or just America, most forget that Canada is also America and USA is not whole America, just a very small part of it. 

When I think of Europe I think all the countries from Andorra and Liechtenstein to Germany and U.K. (sorry guys you are also Europe and not just British Isles  )

I would also like to see Russia as its own entity, and "other former memebers of USSR", since Russia is NOT Ukraine or Belorussia and sure not Latvia and Litva.... but who cares there may be 10 people out of 3.5 thousands in this forum who are from former USSR....

Where Are You From?

Reply #130
Toronto, Canada

And a few years ago it would be Moscow, Russia

And I would not combine USA and Canada as "flloyd" suggested,
we are two different countries and we don't have that president here.
Her Magesty Elizabeth II is our Queen! + some very funny prime-minister... 
Hello to all brothers and sisters in Australia

first 

nono, the reasons for combining canada and the usa are far more insidious then the "dumb motherfucker." slowly but ever so surely your culture is losing it's identity. from the cbc's reduction of local subsidization to the intrusion of our fast food, canada is becoming essentially the same as the usa. i'm do not mean to seem triumphant in any way, but if you plan on staying distinct, then you'd better do something about it. there are precious few left in canada that are willing and able to fight for what little of its culture that remains.

Where Are You From?

Reply #131
nono, the reasons for combining canada and the usa are far more insidious then the "dumb motherfucker." slowly but ever so surely your culture is losing it's identity. from the cbc's reduction of local subsidization to the intrusion of our fast food, canada is becoming essentially the same as the usa. i'm do not mean to seem triumphant in any way, but if you plan on staying distinct, then you'd better do something about it. there are precious few left in canada that are willing and able to fight for what little of its culture that remains.

Yeah, true.. but I can't do anything about it myself... since I'm not even a Canadian...
The same holds true for many countries out there, though Canada is very close to be indistinguishable of the US... and those patters that still distinguish our countries, unfortunately are not the best ones (mostly)...  Like non-existence of real Hi-End audio equipment stores  [joke]
And when we speak of "culture", it is my sincere belief that this word does not apply to either USA or Canada, please take no offence... For USA and Canada there is a different word - "lifestyle"!
But this forum is not the best place to discuss such matters - Ogg Vorbis, MP3 and WMA  is what unite us all from all over the world here, in place created by Dibrom for us..

Where Are You From?

Reply #132

Hm.... May be I do... but Europe is EUROPE, but when people say North America or just America, most forget that Canada is also America and USA is not whole America, just a very small part of it. 

When I think of Europe I think all the countries from Andorra and Liechtenstein to Germany and U.K. (sorry guys you are also Europe and not just British Isles  )

I would also like to see Russia as its own entity, and "other former memebers of USSR", since Russia is NOT Ukraine or Belorussia and sure not Latvia and Litva.... but who cares there may be 10 people out of 3.5 thousands in this forum who are from former USSR....

The Ural Mountains is "the border" between Asia and Europe. A big part of Russia is a part of Europe!
-niels

Where Are You From?

Reply #133
But this forum is not the best place to discuss such matters - Ogg Vorbis, MP3 and WMA  is what unite us all from all over the world here, in place created by Dibrom for us..

agreed! except that there isn't all that much that i can say about audio that many others here can't say much much better. assuming, of course, that what i say is correct in the first place.

Where Are You From?

Reply #134
I'm from Italy...

BTW, do you know Berlusconi?
[ Commodore 64 Forever...! ]

Where Are You From?

Reply #135
BTW, do you know Berlusconi?

Sure we know Silvio...

Where Are You From?

Reply #136
Stockhom, Sweden (where ice-bears are strolling on the streets, and everyone are having free sex around the street corners). And no, it's not Switzerland.

Pal, I've been there and seen no bears nor free sex  ! Gotta have a comeback soon (for bears' sake of course...)! 

BTW, I'm from Northern Italy, originally from the lake of Como and now living in the Oxford-like city of Pavia.
Killakid

Where Are You From?

Reply #137
I'd like to say hello to everyone from sunny London, England

Where Are You From?

Reply #138
Greetings and salutations!

I'm from Portugal! That's in Europe in case you're wandering...

Where Are You From?

Reply #139
Wow, this is probably the first geographically-neutral forum I've been on where Americans are outnumbered 5-to-1. I thought we owned the Internet? 

Just outside of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.

Where Are You From?

Reply #140
Colorado.  Hope to move to Hawai'i soon, so I can eat cheap spam for breakfast.

Where Are You From?

Reply #141
Hehe,

Western-Europeans seem to have a good taste 

Don't you think so?     

QUOTE m0rbidini
I'm from Portugal! That's in Europe in case you're wandering...

Wandering?
Aha, are we invited??

I guess you meant 'wondering' 

Where Are You From?

Reply #142
Damned,
instead of searching for muthafuckas (see below) we should read this forum more often, Rjamorim
(right, you do already)

Rjamorim
(Surge @ Oct 12 2002 - 06:55 PM)
first  

AHAHAHAHAH

Great! I couldn't agree more.