Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Component won't save it's configuration (Read 2140 times) previous topic - next topic

Component won't save it's configuration

I have a very strange problem with the plugin that enables the Miranda Instant messenger to display popup's with the current song. So i'm posting here, hoping that some of you may know what to do.

It seems that i can only save some of the settings for this plugin in Foobar2000's preferences. I have no problem editing the formatting or the icon path, but i can't seem to change the settings for when the popup should appear.

In the top of the preferences window for the plugin there is 6 checkboxes that controls these settings, and every time i try to save the settings, they are cleared of any checkmarks i have put in them. 

When i test the plugin, with the test-button also in the preferences window, it seems to work fine.

Does anybody know how i can rectify this problem. Is it posible to edit the cfg.-file directly instead??

I an currently using an old laptop with win98SE, if that makes a difference

PS. I have also been trying to find the Winamp-input-wrapper, but it seems to have disappeared from the authors site. Is there any alternative sources, where i could get it.

PPS. Sorry if this should have been in the support forum, but I wasn't sure if the 3rd-party-thing overruled the support-thing.

Reply #1
PS. I have also been trying to find the Winamp-input-wrapper, but it seems to have disappeared from the authors site. Is there any alternative sources, where i could get it.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=333761"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Hopefully not. 

Reply #2
Are you talking about this plugin?
BTW, the wrapper only works with some Winamp plugins whose filenames begin with in_ so I doubt it'd be very useful to you here =)

Reply #3
Are you talking about this plugin?
BTW, the wrapper only works with some Winamp plugins whose filenames begin with in_ so I doubt it'd be very useful to you here =)
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

It's this plugin: [a href="http://pelit.koillismaa.fi/plugins/general.php#76]http://pelit.koillismaa.fi/plugins/general.php#76[/url]

I was looking for the winamp warpper in an attemp to listen to some WMA-streams. Not in an attemp to make the Miranda-plugin work.

I've also discovered that the plugin also have problems saving the settings for the durations of the pop-ups. This is controlled via some round check-boxes. So it seems the problem is saving settings for checkboxes, whereas there is no problem in saving the text-strings the configuration for the plugin also contains.