Skip to main content
Topic: New Album Notification Service? (Read 8151 times) previous topic - next topic

New Album Notification Service?

Hello,

I am looking for an online service where I can suscribe to a list of my favourite artists and be notified when they release new albums/cds.

Would any of you know of such a service? I've been looking for a while to no avail.

Reply #1
Hello,

I am looking for an online service where I can suscribe to a list of my favourite artists and be notified when they release new albums/cds.

Would any of you know of such a service? I've been looking for a while to no avail.

Sorry for bringing back an old thread but I hope this will be useful for someone.

I've created a website that does exactly this, check it out:
http://www.muspy.com

Reply #2
That would be a real cool and time-saving service, if the information provided is up-to-date.

Well, it isn't. Releases from 2008 seem to be missing totally... but  imo there should already be albums listed that are scheduled for release within at least the *next* three months. It makes no sense if the user knows about album-releases and the Muspy-service doesn't.
Back off haters - strictly love we deal with.

Reply #5
That would be a real cool and time-saving service, if the information provided is up-to-date.

Well, it isn't. Releases from 2008 seem to be missing totally... but  imo there should already be albums listed that are scheduled for release within at least the *next* three months. It makes no sense if the user knows about album-releases and the Muspy-service doesn't.

Muspy uses the MusicBrainz database as a source of artist releases. If something is missing you are encouraged to fix it directly at MusicBrainz, other music lovers will appreciate it.

Reply #6
For last.fm users there's also http://soundamus.net/ - it gives an rss-feed of new albums of artists you have in your last.fm library + recommended artists once a month.

Reply #7
rednyrg721, best one I've seen so far. Thanks.

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2019