Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Avatars Moderation? (Read 13720 times) previous topic - next topic

Reply #25
Nothing whatsoever obscene about KISS. Diana Rigg is just so much cuter.

Eeh, I think Gene tries his best to be obscene..right?  But I would say nowadays that's too "transparent" for most people in order to be obscene...
Juha Laaksonheimo

Reply #26
No big deal, Gab?.

Gaby.. 
Juha Laaksonheimo

Reply #27
No, he does not try to be obscene. It is part of a larger stage show with fire, explosions, smoke coming out of the guitars, make up, leather clothes, 7" heels, etc. Their lyrics are quite clean.

It you are looking for an obscene scene show, look for RockBitch. I am NOT going to say what they do on stage in this forum. That would be REALLY inappropriate.

Reply #28
Does anyone remember this black/white avatar showing a man wrapped like a mummy, looking like he was badly hurt? That one looked repulsive to me, but only after i examined it more closely.

Reply #29
No, he does not try to be obscene.

If he does not TRY to be obscene, I don't know what he's trying. Is he just spitting blood for fun? 
It's a show, and imo he does try to be obscene, otherwise there wouldn't be any "show" at all, would there? Another thing is, whether it is obscene for example KISS fans, most probably not, but even they must know that it's obscene for some people, otherwise there wouldn't be any idea to spit blood?
Juha Laaksonheimo

Reply #30
Does anyone remember this black/white avatar showing a man wrapped like a mummy, looking like he was badly hurt? That one looked repulsive to me, but only after i examined it more closely.

MHH, I'd like to see that one.

Reply #31
I told Annuka in another thread that "this avatar is much better" heh.. That was a pretty disturbing avatar  but not so bad really, a quality picture actually..
And,
"I personally have strong feelings against the Microsoft logo"

Reply #33
There are some avatars I would prefer to hide from my view, but then I couldn't see Pio's anymore

Maybe there could be a selective (=avatar/sig dependent) option?

Reply #34
I think all avatar's so far have been fine, I have not found any of them to be disturbing or offensive. Until then IMHO its best to leave the status quo we currently have on this board since peoples opinions differ, we just got to tolerate them or send a PM stating why it offends you and leave it up to the originator to change the avatar. If not there is always the avatar off switch in the options.
-=MusePack... Living Audio Compression=-

Honda - The Power of Dreams

Reply #35
patchworks

Reply #36
You're right DSPguru, it was his avatar... dunno why, but it's giving me the creeps.

Reply #37
what is this image

Reply #38
You're right DSPguru, it was his avatar... dunno why, but it's giving me the creeps.

hehe.. in that case, what would you feel about this  :
http://www.patchworks.it/artisti/Cancrena/live2002.avi

EDIT:
i don't mind his avatar, but i will support avatars moderation in order to prevent hurting members' feelings.

Reply #40
What video codec does this avi use?.. Couldn't play it.

And oh my god the sound quality is so horrible .

Reply #41
What video codec does this avi use?.. Couldn't play it.

And oh my god the sound quality is so horrible .

VP3
http://www.vp3.com/getvp3/

Reply #42
I think it uses VP3 (the thing now called theora )
But I can't play it neither... just the sound
WTF ist this? Sounds like grind core or some very extreme death metal 

Reply #43
Thanks, i installed it, played fine.
Weird thing though, when i close Zoom Player after playing the movie it gives an application error message
"The instruction at "0x1000cef3" referenced memory at "0x017f3e48". The memory could not be "read"."
Hmm.. Well anyway, i don't have any other video that uses this codec so no prob .

Reply #44
All this avatar talk is making me hungry... 

Reply #45
Jenny
>>what is this image?

Mangled & gross....looks like something from rotten.com

Xenno
No one can be told what Ogg Vorbis is...you have to hear it for yourself
- Morpheus

Reply #46
All this avatar talk is making me hungry...  ;)

hehe.. excuses..
reminds me of one of my fav. cartoons :

Reply #47
Hehe, nice one..
I like this one:

And also.... edited: link to a more "dark humor" pic.. (debatable i suppose, but goldilocks deserved it )

Reply #48
Dark. Very dark.

Reply #49
Actually the second pic is pretty bright ...
Well i hate Goldilocks and clows FREAK me out.. So it's not that dark is it?.. Don't clowns freak anyone here completely out as well?....