Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: 1.2.1 UpnP and TagBox not installing (Read 2670 times) previous topic - next topic

1.2.1 UpnP and TagBox not installing

My fb2k machine is Eeepc with Win XP SP3 and 1.2.1. which still plays local files and radio streams normally.

Problem:

UPnP 0.99.43 was working really well with 1.2.1-Beta and my local squeezebox server but with 1.2.1 final has ceased working.

UPnP is shown as highlighted in Preferences -> Components  as not installed. When clicking Install -> Apply Changes Restart, it returns to it's highlighted uninstalled state.

Have downloaded version 0.99.45 and this is still the same.

TagBox 0.212 has the same problem.

As a test I installed AdPlug decoder 1.42 and this installs properly as expected.

Is it me, fb2k or the components?

Thanks for your help

Reply #1
Guys an update

I gathered from the lack of replies it was likely to be me rather than a bug.  I got it working again by deleting the playlists created by the UPnP browser then re-installed and it all works.

Apologies.

Mr Snow

Reply #2
I’m glad you got it working, but a lack of replies within a mere seven hours does not indicate that you are being ignored or anything else.