Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Avatar Animation (Read 8549 times) previous topic - next topic

Reply #25
mozilla has this nice "allow scripts to open unrequested windows" checkbox..  :)

too bad that some sites rely on exactly such popups for navigation  :blink:

Mozilla allows requested popups at all times.

Looky! I am animated!!!!!

Yes but sometimes sites need to allow unrequested popups in order to work. For instance my schools webmail opens messages in popup windows which works fine but when you try to forward or reply to a message it closes the current "popup window" and tries to open a new one but Mozilla doesn't allow this unless you allow it to open all popups. I have also run into similar problems at other sites.

Reply #26
Same here.

There should be an option to activate only pop-ups from certain sites.

Reply #27
I have "never" come acrost a site like that. At least one I would visit more than once. All I can say is that it is awful HTML design. Each time you pop up a new window the browser eats more resources. It sounds like the school mail system cleans up after itself a bit. But I still say it is a bloody stupid design. Perhaps I am overly jaded to popups. But is there really such a thing as overly jaded?

Reply #28
@Continuum

E-mail the developers, if it seems logical to them i am sure they could and will implement this simple but highly usefull idea! I have never come across this need personally but im sure others have.

GIve it a go, u got nothin to lose but a few minutes of your time,

Cheers,

Kristian

Reply #29
Same here.

There should be an option to activate only pop-ups from certain sites.

I found a toolbar for the mozilla where you could activate and deactivate with a sinlge click the options of javascript like open unrequested pop ups. Nevertheless a fatal crash in my hard disk made it disappear and now I can't find it again    . If someone find it please pm me.

Reply #31
I'v just made a small change to my avatar and uploaded it.  How long does it normally take to update, as my original avatar is still showing?

Reply #32
It should be immediate.
-=MusePack... Living Audio Compression=-

Honda - The Power of Dreams

Reply #33

Reply #34
I am able to upload an updated .jpg image but can not upload an updated .gif image.  Even if a download a completely different .gif from the internet, it still displays the booming speaker?

Any thoughts?

Reply #35
I see the speaker, but as jpg, not animated

Reply #36
Jenny,

Evidently your file on the HA server is protected. Try changing the file name and then upload. I'll bet that takes care of it. Also, stay with the 8.3 file format (if you haven't). It does not like long file names.

Xenno
No one can be told what Ogg Vorbis is...you have to hear it for yourself
- Morpheus

Reply #37
My booming speakers back  (w00t)