Skip to main content
Topic: foo_gen_dumpxml (Read 7531 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_gen_dumpxml

A small general plugin to dump the current playing track's info to an XML file. This info can then be used by any program for about anything it wants. Im planning on using it with a mIRC plugin to show the info in it.

example XML file:

Code: [Select]
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<track playerVer="foobar2000 v0.8.3" mode="playing">
<TRACKNUMBER>13</TRACKNUMBER>
<TITLE>Numb</TITLE>
<ARTIST>Linkin Park</ARTIST>
<ALBUM>Meteora</ALBUM>
<DATE>2003</DATE>
<GENRE>Nu-Metal</GENRE>
<enc_delay>576</enc_delay>
<enc_padding>1776</enc_padding>
<mp3_accurate_length>yes</mp3_accurate_length>
<bitrate>192</bitrate>
<codec>MP3</codec>
<channels>2</channels>
<samplerate>44100</samplerate>
<mp3_stereo_mode>stereo</mp3_stereo_mode>
</track>

if paused or stopped, the track tag would have the correct mode string, and no info inside at all. I'll see about providing info in paused mode, not sure how possible it is right now.

foo_gen_dumpxml

Reply #1
Reply moved to the discussion about this component. I'd suggest you keep discussion in here about problems with the download, and use the other thread in the third party componenets for actual discussion about the component. People who search for components will find it more easily there.

foo_gen_dumpxml

Reply #2
I've downloaded this twice and both files won't open.  Anyone else having problems?

Is the source included?
I'm on a horse.

foo_gen_dumpxml

Reply #3
Odd, just downloaded it myself and it works fine. Try updating your unzipping program, i zipped this with WinRAR, 3.50 beta 4.

As for source, i havent included it, but i will if anyone is interested.

foo_gen_dumpxml

Reply #4
I've tried with WinZip, 7-Zip and WinRar 3.40b5, all with no joy.  WinRar says "The archive is either in unknown format or damaged".

I guess it must be a problem my end somehow.  I guess I'll just have to miss out.

I'm always interested to see the source.  In my limited component development I've found the source to other components extremely useful.
I'm on a horse.

foo_gen_dumpxml

Reply #5
I've tried with WinZip, 7-Zip and WinRar 3.40b5, all with no joy.  WinRar says "The archive is either in unknown format or damaged".

I guess it must be a problem my end somehow.  I guess I'll just have to miss out.

I'm always interested to see the source.  In my limited component development I've found the source to other components extremely useful.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=310615"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

If you re using firefox , try downloading with IE
Some people have this problem too ( including me )

foo_gen_dumpxml

Reply #6
Just tried with IE on my work computer - still no joy.

Opera, however, did the job.

FYI: After downloading Opera states:

Size: 6.2 KB (6,303 bytes)
Transferred: 6.2 KB (6,282 bytes)

I tried downloading a few other attachments on HA threads and the size is always "?".

Maybe the other browsers got confused by the misreported filesize?  Dunno.
I'm on a horse.

foo_gen_dumpxml

Reply #7
Will make new archives shortly, in RAR and ZIP format. Hopefully these should work, and i'll add the source code as requested. Note that ive used the VS2003 IDE, So you prolly need that to open the solution (though the code itself like every other source code is just text, so notepad should do for that).

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2020