Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Burning Ape Files Directly (Read 5465 times) previous topic - next topic

Burning Ape Files Directly

To save some space I recently encoded my CD images to APE. Now, when I want to burn the images to CD (preferrably with EAC), do I have to decode the APE file back to WAV? Or is there a way to directly burn from APE to CD (using a CUE file, of course)?

[edit]
Oops  I've found the answer already on Monkey's forum 
It's up to you to configure your burner correctly (EAC->Drive Options). Also, you need Monkey's Audio because EAC uses the MAC dynamic binary. And last, it's been said you are limited a writing speed of 4x maximum -- probably for the reason that processing APE files is CPU/system intensive...

Then there's one question left: do I have to change something besides the extension in the cuesheet? For instance WAVE --> APE in the line where the filename and format are specified.

Reply #1
Media Jukebox will also burn audio CD's from APE files.

www.mediajukebox.com

Reply #3
sorry, already found out how to do it right...