Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Anyone Else Here Peercasting? (Read 2434 times) previous topic - next topic

Anyone Else Here Peercasting?

Just wondering if anyone else here is peercasting? I have been for the last several weeks and I must say I am impressed. I am really warming up to it. After running shoutcast and icecast MP3 stations for years I would have to say that especially as an individual with limited bandwidth that peercast is superb. Yeah I tried that live365 fud but it was way to restrictive and not overly workable. With peercast your braodcast scales up and down as nescessary. Even a 56ker could stream to the entire network.

Ironic that the purpose gnutella was intended for is the last aplication it is used for.

Reply #1
What - no link? 

Reply #2
What - no link?  :blink:

Try here.

Reply #3
Hehehehe. It was one of those things that was so simple it had a high "duh" factor. I figured everyone would either guess it outright or google it. 

And in order to figure out which stream is mine just apply logic again. It is the one with my name on it.  No MP3 in the mix. Everything was either Vorbis to begin with or was transcoded from APE or MPC in real time to be streamed. I could have gone bonkers with the BR as well seeing as how the network would pick up the slack since I would be hozing my UL cap.  But then again almost no one would be able to listen in unless you have cable broad band or good DSL. It sits about 32kbps nominal mono. But damn it does sound good for the bitrate.  Not suited for heavy listening.  But it works in a pinch for back ground or mood music. B)

Seems people here have interesting tastes. I would be interested to give a listen if others put up similar streams or have already done so. Seems my fellow peercasters like the stream so far. I generally have at least one or two listeners at all times. With large spikes now and again.

http://interface.darktech.org:7144/pls/63F...23B99DD7C2A5D0B