Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Vbr Mp3 And The Ipod (Read 2585 times) previous topic - next topic

Vbr Mp3 And The Ipod

Does anyone who has an IPOD know if it supports MP3 VBR. Yes, I see they claim to on the web site but that does not mean much.

My Rio One 'plays' VBR MP3s but it makes a little zip noise every time the bit rate changes. Its so annoying you can only listen to CBRs on it.

Any feedback is appreciated. I plan to purchase an Ipod and load it with LAME 3.92 --alt preset -Y MP3s.

Vbr Mp3 And The Ipod

Reply #1
I don't own one, but I've heard that the iPod plays VBR files flawlessly.
iTunes 10 - Mac OS X 10.6
256kbps AAC VBR
iPhone 4 32GB

Vbr Mp3 And The Ipod

Reply #2
My iPod plays --alt-preset extreme encoded MP3s perfectly.  I only use ID3v2 tags and strip ID3v1 from my mp3s.  All is good.

I use Ephpod to use my iPod with Windows XP.

Vbr Mp3 And The Ipod

Reply #3
My Rio One 'plays' VBR MP3s but it makes a little zip noise every time the bit rate changes. Its so annoying you can only listen to CBRs on it.

Anyone else having this problem?

Vbr Mp3 And The Ipod

Reply #4
My iPod plays --alt-preset extreme encoded MP3s perfectly.  I only use ID3v2 tags and strip ID3v1 from my mp3s.  All is good.

I use Ephpod to use my iPod with Windows XP.

--id3v2-only    add only a version 2 tag