Skip to main content
Topic: [REQUEST] A "good" albumlist HTML output plugin! (Read 4285 times) previous topic - next topic

[REQUEST] A "good" albumlist HTML output plugin!

hi, i (and many others?) are needing a plugin to create a html list with the albums of the foobar2000 db. i tried it with copy commands but i am to dump i think.

there is a plugin wich can output playlist but not only the albums.

it would be nice if it can make a nice html table with:

artist | album | year | genre | ... | custom tags like: mood or something

and if there are more than one artists on a album (same album tag but differnt artitsts) it should write "Various Artists".

best would be if you can select the folder on your drive from witch it should read their albums and write the html output.

it also would be great if it its possible to exklude some files. maybe with no album tag or something like that...

is it possible someone can write something like that?

would be very nice!!! thx 4 your attention guys! 

Reply #1
Yeah I really need that kind of plugin to  . Can some 1 make this? 

Reply #3
i saw that already but its only for full playlist... maybe its possible to rewrite it to only show the albums but a stand alone album list plugin would be great
with the features written on the top 

i think there are many guys who would find that very usefull. who not want to type their album lists by hand (for example: to swap rare live performances with friends ...)

hope my english is not 2 bad 

Reply #4
Code: [Select]
$if($strcmp(%tracknumber%,01),%album%,)

For the formatting, use yours.. It will display the album at each track with number 01, else it does nothing, it's a trick, but well, That was all I could do..

edit: Use it in output custom

edit2:
$if($or($strcmp(%tracknumber%,01),$strcmp(%tracknumber%,1)),%album%,)
this works better, works if the number is 1 or 01

Reply #5
Is it possible, with this plugin to generate one page by album?

Reply #6

For the formatting, use yours.. It will display the album at each track with number 01, else it does nothing, it's a trick, but well, That was all I could do..

edit2:
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=300062"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

yes. i already got that idea two. but it wouldn't work for example with various artists...

maybe a extra plugin for album output would be nice.
so that you doesn't have to add all files first to a playlist. just select the directory and click "create album list" or something. and it would be great to select the tags (custom tags also) to show in the columbs (date, year, mood and so on....)

and the thing with the various artists (i know it its also somehow possible with the playlist output plugin, but a extra plugin would be much better)

anyone does have the skill to write such a plugin? is it so difficult? there are so many  ass kickin plugins around there for foobar2000. shouldn't it be possible to write somelthing like that?

i will love the guy who will do that 

Reply #7
This is a good idea, I second it. Exporting an HTML list of all my albums is the one thing I still use Winamp for, but I'd love it if I could do this within Foobar as well. Unfortunately I don't have much programming expertise, so someone else will hopefully do it.

Reply #8

edit2:
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=300062"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

$if($strcmp($num(%tracknumber%,2),01),%album%,)

Works with 1, 01, 01/10 & 1/10.
</signature>

Reply #9
ok i wrote my own html playlist with this until someone writes such a plugin.
but how to count the albums (just get only the tracks with number 1 and count how much and print out). so i have:
1. blah album
2. blah blah album

and i want first row white, second yellow, 3rd white, 4th yellow and so on. how to do this? i think if the counter with album 1, album 2 and so on works it would be possible?

1 white line
2 yellow line
3 white line
4 yelllow line

hm? anyone understands me?

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2020