Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foobar2000 v0.9 public beta (Read 273329 times) previous topic - next topic

foobar2000 v0.9 public beta

Reply #100
In v0.9, I 'lost' all my tags if if my mp3 are in "tagtype = id3v2|apev2". It's fine for mp3 with "tagtype = apev2|id3v1".[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=300105"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Sounds like complete nonsense.
fb2k 0.9 merges all tags it finds.

Using APEv2 and ID3v2 on the same file is stronly discouraged.
"To understand me, you'll have to swallow a world." Or maybe your words.

Reply #101
I can't find all the components as mentioned under "Components in full version", e.g. ABX comparator. Is this due to the beta stage of this release, or am I just not looking well enough?

edit. archive reader as well...

ABX can be found by right clicking and selecting Utils > ABX two tracks... .

If you don't have this you probably didn't select it as part of your install.  Not all components are installed by default, you have to select them in the Choose Components dialogue of the installer.

You can probably reinstall over your current 0.9 install, and pay attention to the Choose Components tree.

- foobar2000 doesn't play speex files anymore

Surely this is simply because the Speex decoder is not part of the Standard input array.  You will need to wait for a 0.9 Speex decoder component.

Interestingly it seems the Standard input array has doubled in size.  I've only tested APE, FLAC and WV - but they appear to all be part of the SIA now...

I guess that's good news.  Less flexibility , but also less faffing about.
I'm on a horse.

Reply #102
If you don't have this you probably didn't select it as part of your install.  Not all components are installed by default, you have to select them in the Choose Components dialogue of the installer.

Mea culpa! Thanks for the help.

Reply #103
Will the final version work under Windows 98?

Reply #104
Will the final version work under Windows 98?

Requirements:

foobar2000 v0.9 beta requires a Unicode capable version of the Windows operating system. It will not work on Windows 95, 98 or ME.
So, all further releases will be XP/2K only then?
That has not been decided yet.
I'm on a horse.

Reply #105
Also, the "Shuffle (album)" mode doesn't deal with PARTINSET, only DISC. For MP3 files, PARTINSET is the common used tag instead of DISC. Maybe this should have a remapping as well?
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=300132"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Either i've missed something, or this "common used tag for mp3s" isn't very common to me.

- Lyx
I am arrogant and I can afford it because I deliver.

Reply #106
Also, the "Shuffle (album)" mode doesn't deal with PARTINSET, only DISC. For MP3 files, PARTINSET is the common used tag instead of DISC. Maybe this should have a remapping as well?
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Either i've missed something, or this "common used tag for mp3s" isn't very common to me.

- Lyx
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=300139"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Me neither. I think he means PARTINSET is the standard tag used for multi-disc albums, not the most common.

[a href="http://www.id3.org/id3v2.3.0.html#TPOS]http://www.id3.org/id3v2.3.0.html#TPOS[/url]
</signature>

Reply #107
TPOS should probably be mapped to DISC.

Reply #108
In v0.9, I 'lost' all my tags if if my mp3 are in "tagtype = id3v2|apev2". It's fine for mp3 with "tagtype = apev2|id3v1".[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=300105"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Sounds like complete nonsense.
fb2k 0.9 merges all tags it finds.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=300114"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

May be. My foobar v0.83 reads the mp3 with "tagtype = id3v2|apev2" correctly but not in v0.9. That's why I suspect v0.83 reads tags in APEv2 first, and when it merge with id3v2, there is no change since both APEv2 and id3v2 tags have same information.

However, I believe v0.9 reads tags according to the "tagtype" order, i.e id3v2 then apev2 for "tagtype = id3v2|apev2". As my mp3 tags contains chinese chars, it simply reads the tag information incorrectly (read id3v2 as ASCII?). 

Is there any solution to change the tagtype from "tagtype = id3v2|apev2" to "tagtype = apev2|id3v2" without modify tag contains of the file? I used TagScanner but it gives me id3v2 truncated tags as id3v1.

Using APEv2 and ID3v2 on the same file is stronly discouraged.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=300114"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Oh, its it? I'm thinking of since id3v2 is newer than id3v1, why don't use the newer one? As there are some information truncated when save into id3v1 format. 

Reply #109
Me neither. I think he means PARTINSET is the standard tag used for multi-disc albums, not the most common.

http://www.id3.org/id3v2.3.0.html#TPOS
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=300142"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Aye, exactly, sorry about the confusion. Since this is the standard programs like e.g. Tag&Rename set PARTINSET instead of DISC.

I also found another "Shuffle (album)" bug as well, it takes the artist name into acount as well but this is causing problems with a various artist albums. It stops playing the album after the first artist.

Reply #110
Has ctz's code for detecting LAME profile information been incorporated into .9?

Reply #111
Has ctz's code for detecting LAME profile information been incorporated into .9?
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=300214"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

No, it doesn't seem to have any tech fields regarding the LAME presets. Unfortunetaly. =(

Reply #112
FooBar 0.9 works a charm so far. The only real problem I have so far is that skipping forward though songs is extremely slow, and takes a lot of cpu. This is especially noticable when you have resume-playback-on-start enabled.
When you start FooBar, its takes long (about 20 seconds or more sometimes) before playback actually starts. It's not locked up or anything during that time. Version 0.83 didn't have that delay.

Ow, and the font in the status bar can't be changed anymore? Or am I overlooking that?

Reply #113
yay! Mod songs sound more like they should now (compare anarchy menu 11)!

Thanks a lot!!

Reply #114
Very minor: Is the "Show total time of selected songs" option in the 0.83 default user interface gone for good?

Reply #115
Very minor: Is the "Show total time of selected songs" option in the 0.83 default user interface gone for good?[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=300277"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
No, right-click the statusbar to enable it.

Reply #116
win xp sp2 - beta 3 - full version - full install
First thing I did was to open the console

Code: [Select]
INFO (CORE) : startup time : 0:00.074243

Faster than fast 
Incidentally, is it really possible to be accurate to within a microsecond?

Reply #117
Is there a plugin yet which lets you store the album cover image in the mp3 itself?  Like in iTunes.  Also, is there a plugin to display the album art in foobar?

Reply #118
Don't flame me, but i have Über music and I added the genre tag to an album (in foobar 0.9), then enforced. AQScript gave me an error stating that the first track has a tracknumber of -01, I couldn't see this in any tag apps but upon re-tagging the album it was fine.

Edit: Another thing about Autoplaylist, I realised that having Autoplaylist make playlists for specific genres ommited albums without genres (hence the taggin above), so i tried making an ew list that had mp3s with no genre. I tried using the queries: genre IS "" which gave nothing, and then NOT genre which gave me a dump of:
INFO (CORE) : opening file for playback :
INFO (CORE) : location: "file://D:\Music\Uberized Downloads\Third Eye Blind - 2003 - Out Of The Vein\Third Eye Blind - 07 - Misfits.mp3" (0)
INFO (CORE) : opening file for playback :
INFO (CORE) : location: "file://D:\Music\Uberized Downloads\Third Eye Blind - 2003 - Out Of The Vein\Third Eye Blind - 13 - Good Man.mp3" (0)
ERROR (foo_autoplaylist) : Invalid query.
ERROR (foo_autoplaylist) : Invalid query.

(All the albums without the genre tag)
I think that queries like this should be allowed.

Reply #119
Is there any one with problems with Global Keys?

I try to assing global keys to my multimedia keys, but after saving options, they are not set up.

It is happening to me in 0.9 beta 2 and beta 3, working fine in 0.8.3 final.

Reply #120
A lot of the music I've been "acquiring" lately contains id3v2|id3v1 tags, and are often padded by spaces up to 30 characters.  For example, the artist field will be something like "Vitalic                      ".  Tags are read fine in 0.8.3.

Reply #121
First, excuse me for my english

-With shuffle (album), the Random button play a random track, and not a random album

-In Album List "genre|%artist% - %album%|..." is actually not possible, and with "%genre%|..." I have folders with names "Jazz, SoundTrack" "Jazz" "SoundTrack"

and thank you for this new version...

Reply #122
So, all further releases will be XP/2K only then?[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=299549"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
That has not been decided yet.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=299553"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

i reckon it should......... don't find a reason to continue to use Win98.... ( apart from the computer being slower than PII 233 )
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=299593"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Hello,

I run 98 on this machine and I'm not thinking to upgrade....I hope it remains compatible.

I found on 0.8.3 (my first installed version ) that those files that gave "can't get info...etc..errors" are those with a space in the name. If I rename them removing the space they load ok.

I love this product though...

Reply #123
Oh, its it? I'm thinking of since id3v2 is newer than id3v1, why don't use the newer one? As there are some information truncated when save into id3v1 format. 
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=300146"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

The point of using APEv2 + ID3v1 or ID3v2 + ID3v1 is compatibility. ID3v1 provides compatibility for tools/hardware without support for the newer tagging standards. Putting two modern standards in one file is redundant, since the provide roughly the same feature set.

If you need untruncated information with legacy software use ID3v2 [+ ID3v1].

Reply #124
I've searched this topic, but I didn't notice anyone mentioning that: it is unable to install new beta with wine in Linux, as installation program says it needs at least Windows 2000. I don't know how to force wine to emulate w2k and not win98. I didn't find any solution over the net. Is it somehow possible to either change emulation with wine or force installation to not check the system version?