Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Ape To Mpc Through Monkeys (Read 3683 times) previous topic - next topic

Ape To Mpc Through Monkeys

Im having problems to transcode ape files to mpc (need disk space  ) with monkeys (3.96)... the command line that I use in EAC (--quality 6 %s %d) to convert wav to mpc (using mppenc 1.1 I guess) isnt working in monkeys... I also  tried : "--quality 6", "-quality 6 %s %d", "-quality 6", "--xtreme", "--xtreme %s %d", "-xtreme", "--standard 6 %s %d"...

Suggestions?

Reply #1
yes. come to matt's monkey's audio forum and bug him about it. (it's not like i haven't tried that earlier... but heh.  )
A riddle is a short sword attached to the next 2000 years.

Reply #2
You can use feed mppenc with ape-files just as you can with wav files; you just have to have mac.exe in the mppenc dir.

Reply #3
The Monkey's Audio frontend still uses the old MPC command line syntax. But with MPC Batch Encoder and a Frank Klemm compiled mac.exe you can do what you want.

Reply #4
Thnx for the tip about the mac.exe and MPC Batch Encoder. Just fed mppenc.exe using DOS and it transcoded fine. And I know that I could use dbpoweramp to transcode, but I just thought that I could be doing something wrong with the command line in monkeys. Seems to be a monkeys issue...