Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: My burning component (Read 43244 times) previous topic - next topic

My burning component

Reply #50
3 month wishing bump...

My burning component

Reply #51
3 month wishing bump...
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=337170"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

yeah, what's up with this component? It's very promising.

My burning component

Reply #52
I've been working on the source code and have added:

1. CD Text
2. Simulated burn (good for testing)
3. Multisession burning
4. Able to press Return in response to CDRDAO prompt

and I have fixed:

1. Loss of window focus when executing CDRDAO in a console window
2. Flashing of console (well, almost always)

I'm making a couple more changes to how the CDRDAO output appears in the window, and adding detection of which devices are actually burners, whether they support CD Text, and what burning speeds they support (using the undocumented drive-info option of CDRDAO), and then I'll do some testing and put it up on the web to download.

In the meantime, are there any other issues with the program that could be addressed?

Watch this space...

Luke

My burning component

Reply #53
Woah, interesting...

Best of luck Luke.

Is it your intention to redevelop when the 0.9 SDK is available?

As foobar's CD writer won't currently work with Nero 7 I wonder whether there may be even more call for this component.
I'm on a horse.

My burning component

Reply #54
     lukejackson!

I would still like to be able to choose TEMP folder, and a tickbox for whether tempfiles are deleted after.....
"ONLY THOSE WHO ATTEMPT THE IMPOSSIBLE WILL ACHIEVE THE ABSURD"
        - Oceania Association of Autonomous Astronauts

My burning component

Reply #55
Woah, interesting...

Best of luck Luke.

Is it your intention to redevelop when the 0.9 SDK is available?

As foobar's CD writer won't currently work with Nero 7 I wonder whether there may be even more call for this component.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=362952"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

To be honest I have little knowledge of foobar and have never written in C++ before.  However I am an experienced Java programmer and know my way around C so I can figure a lot of things out.  C++ is pretty ugly in comparison!

When the 0.9 SDK is available I'll certain have a look to see what I'd need to do to redevelop.  I haven't touched the part of the program which uses the SDK to access the disk writing component and DSPs, but unless there are major changes in 0.9 it shouldn't be a problem to make the necessary changes.

I've just had the idea of using this component to simply convert the files to WAV, create a TOC file with CD-Text and then launch Burrrn with it.  I'm sure Burrrn will have a better GUI than this tool, and is likely to be more actively developed in the future.  What do you think?

My burning component

Reply #56
How about a version for 0.9? this component rocks hard!

My burning component

Reply #57
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=376182"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

i've had to stop development for a month or so.  i've been busy at work, i got married (!) and then my computer's hard drive died, and i've only recently been up and running again.

i see fb2k 0.9 is out and will certainly look at the sdk to see what needs to be changed to make it compatible.

watch this space, i will have something to post eventually!  a lot of the main work is already done.

My burning component

Reply #58
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=376182"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

i've had to stop development for a month or so.  i've been busy at work, i got married (!) and then my computer's hard drive died, and i've only recently been up and running again.

i see fb2k 0.9 is out and will certainly look at the sdk to see what needs to be changed to make it compatible.

watch this space, i will have something to post eventually!  a lot of the main work is already done.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=376409"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thanks  I'll stay tuned!

My burning component

Reply #59
Hi, I'm also eagerly awaiting a release of this for FB2k0.9(.1).

Any chance you could include a compiled version of CDRDAO with it, too? :]
hi

My burning component

Reply #60

It turns out that 0.9 no longer contains the diskwriter component, on which this component was relying.  This is the component that creates the WAV file to be passed to CDRDAO.  0.9 uses the converter component instead, but there is no API for third party tools to interact with it, unlike diskwriter, which means I can't use it.

I have asked the foobar developer and he has simply told me to write the code that creates the WAV file from scratch instead.  In fact, this probably won't be that difficult to do, but at the moment would require more time than I have available at the moment.  As such, this component will have to be on hold a bit longer, unfortunately.

When I do release a version, there shouldn't be a problem in including a CDRDAO binary, providing this component doesn't become hugely popular and swamp my webserver  I'm currently making use of the one included in Burrrn (http://www.burrrn.net) at the moment and may redistribute that one.  It has the advantage of not requiring ASPI drivers, and it gives information about the burning capabilities of the burner.

In the meantime, you could always use the converter component to create a CUE + WAV combination and then use Burrrn to write the disc.  Not as direct but you get effectively the same result.

My burning component

Reply #61
Just as a disclaimer:  tginn never did use a "diskwriter interface" for the wav conversions.  It uses various facilities provided by the SDK to do it-not quite from scratch-but not very easily either.  There was a diskwriter example, at least with the 0.8sdk (I haven't looked at the 0.9 sdk), and I cannibalized it heavily;  I tweaked it until it _seemed_ to do what I wanted.  The conversion code is sitting right there in tginn.cpp--not that I recommend that LukeJackson or anyone else use it as a base, but maybe it could be used as a learning tool.  I tried to comment all my understandings into the code.

I unfortunately am really busy, so I couldn't work on this component even if I dearly wanted to.

My burning component

Reply #62
I have just tried burninate for the first time, and it works like a charm.  CD-Text is written to the disc, and it's quick and easy.  Thanks to popatr and everyone who has made this possible!

The major thing that I would like to see is some way to specify adding a CD Title for CD-Text information.  Is this something that could be added?

Also, it could be very handy to specify a number of burns that you'd like to do as well.  Just some ideas, if you have some time to further evolve your great component.

My burning component

Reply #63
I have just tried burninate for the first time, and it works like a charm.  CD-Text is written to the disc, and it's quick and easy.  Thanks to popatr and everyone who has made this possible!

The major thing that I would like to see is some way to specify adding a CD Title for CD-Text information.  Is this something that could be added?

Also, it could be very handy to specify a number of burns that you'd like to do as well.  Just some ideas, if you have some time to further evolve your great component.

[embarrassed]
This thread isn't about foo_burninate.

My burning component

Reply #64
This day I've been looking for this plugin. It suonds promising.... but. (There's allways that "but" when I'm trying somthing new  )

I have cdrdao.exe, foo_tginn.dll and cygwin.dll in foobar2000\components\ but when I click "burn disc with cdrdao" it says "Tginn could not find any burners so it will now exit" I have tried copying cdrdao.exe and cygwin.dll from burnatonce-folder to foobar's components folder, but I get same error message.

Is reason to this lack of api layer? I tried running cdrdao.exe with scanbus command but it comes with message saying "Can not load ASPI driver" even though I've followed MrRabidTeddybear's guide: "In short; unzip, run DUMPASPI.BAT to dump current ASPI layer (if any), then run INSTASPI.BAT to install 4.60(1021). Reboot. Use aspichk.exe to verify the installation." When I run aspichk.exe, there is message "ASPI is not properly installed. One or more components have been replaced with older versions of software." And there's no info about the version, date or size of the components, even they should have been installed according to INSTASPI.BAT. ...I hate computers...
How this problem could be fixed?

And yes, I'm a new in this forum and yes, this is English that I'm typing :|

My burning component

Reply #65
er... I don't really understand my computer... After writing my previous reply I shutdown my computer and went out jogging. When I came back and turned it on again. The plugin seems to work and  aspichk.exe finds version 4.6. It looks like installing aspi needs two reboots O_o wtf...

I haven't tested burning yet but I think and hope that it works.

Thanks

My burning component

Reply #67

It turns out that 0.9 no longer contains the diskwriter component, on which this component was relying.  This is the component that creates the WAV file to be passed to CDRDAO.  0.9 uses the converter component instead, but there is no API for third party tools to interact with it, unlike diskwriter, which means I can't use it.

I have asked the foobar developer and he has simply told me to write the code that creates the WAV file from scratch instead.  In fact, this probably won't be that difficult to do, but at the moment would require more time than I have available at the moment.  As such, this component will have to be on hold a bit longer, unfortunately.

When I do release a version, there shouldn't be a problem in including a CDRDAO binary, providing this component doesn't become hugely popular and swamp my webserver  I'm currently making use of the one included in Burrrn (http://www.burrrn.net) at the moment and may redistribute that one.  It has the advantage of not requiring ASPI drivers, and it gives information about the burning capabilities of the burner.

In the meantime, you could always use the converter component to create a CUE + WAV combination and then use Burrrn to write the disc.  Not as direct but you get effectively the same result.

Might give that a reply - thanks - I'd like to point out that I the only language I really code is PHP so I'd be pretty useless if I tried to mod around with the plugin code
hi

My burning component

Reply #68

Hmm... has anyone thought about writing the plugin such that it does so without the user having to manually launch Burrrn? Perhaps you could allow the plugin to simply handle the temp-directory location (so that a user could still decode/burrrn with DSP options), have it create the CUE + WAV using the existing routines, and then launch Burrrn as a separate/sub-window with the CUE already loaded.

- M.

My burning component

Reply #69

Hmm... has anyone thought about writing the plugin such that it does so without the user having to manually launch Burrrn? Perhaps you could allow the plugin to simply handle the temp-directory location (so that a user could still decode/burrrn with DSP options), have it create the CUE + WAV using the existing routines, and then launch Burrrn as a separate/sub-window with the CUE already loaded.

- M.

Just wondering if this project is still under development? I recently tried the plugin, it didn't work, I'm thinking it's because of the version compatibility of Foobar. Sorry to bring an old topic up. Thanks for your time.

My burning component

Reply #70
so im guessing the component is trashed then?