Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Registry Tracker? (Read 3162 times) previous topic - next topic

Registry Tracker?

Hi to all.

Is there any utility that can be used to scan the system registry before and after installing a program, and provide a complete list of changes?

I have system mechanic and reg cleaner, but these seem to miss alot of entries.

Registry Tracker?

Reply #1
I've used InCtrl5 a few times. I quite like it.
daefeatures.co.uk

Registry Tracker?

Reply #4
Try InstallWatch Pro. It records not only Registry changes, but also new files / INI entries etc. I have never tried it because I have a full version of a German tool called WinCon which does the job for me, but InstallWatch is said to be quite good.

Registry Tracker?

Reply #5
I've found a great program called Total Uninstall, and it monitors changes in the registry + modification/creation of files and folders. It takes a snapshot before installation and one afterwards, so you can totally remove the app, nothing gets left behind.
The author's site seems to be down the moment I am writing this, so here's a link from Webattack: http://www.webattack.com/get/totaluninstall.shtml
So much music, so little time...